Fantasy

Shadoworld by EthanLappin

Nobody knows it, but Defiance is wrong. The suicide rates are unusually high, along with the missing persons reports; but despite all this, it still seems like an idyllic town. Dylan has lived in Defiance his entire life with his best-friend Hayley; but when she is found dead in the local library it is passed off as another 'tragic' suicide. Not content with silence however, Dylan begins to unravel a secret older than Defiance itself. It soon becomes clear that something is working behind the scenes, but can Dylan find out what before he becomes the next to disappear? Death stalks the shadows of this small town, but perhaps it has an agenda of its own.

1.What inspired you to write this story? 

Well, I've always been interested by mythology and the four horsemen of the apocalypse are some of the most famous mythological characters, so i wanted to write a story about a boy who discovers that all of it is real.

2.What kind of readers do you think would enjoy your story? 

I think my story would be suited for people who enjoy mysterious dark fantasy books, especially those who enjoy twists in the plot and trying to guess what everyone's up to.

3.What is your favourite genre to write about? 

My favourite genre is fantasy stories, its always either taking an old concept and making it your own or creating a brand new world full of life; with fantasy there is an entire world of oppurtunity to be explored.

4.Have you written any other stories, if so what genre? 

At the moment, as well as this one, i am currently writing 'The Outcast' which is a fan-fiction prequel to the Black magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan, its the Fantasy genre and is all about magic.