Chapter 12

The Principal is in a meeting of some kind, so Mason and I are sitting uncomfortably outside.

“This probably happens to you a lot.” He says. I don’t respond, so he gives up and starts picking at a hole in his jeans.

“Screw this.” I get up and walk out, heading towards the front door. There is no way I’m going to be yelled at by some portly principal, or be talked to by an insipid kid. I push the door open into the parking lot, expecting to be stopped by Morpheus, but I’m not. Instead I’m followed by Mason.

“Go away!” I yell at him, but he’s persistent, following my across the parking lot until we reach the main road. Just days ago I was standing here with Ray. Now I’m here with Blondie.

I feel the air deadening around me, and I take a deep breath, calming myself.

“Want to get out of here? I have a car.” I pause. It’s sad, but the idea of walking anywhere when my stomach hurts as much as it does makes me weak in the knees. I nod reluctantly.

“Cool.” He leads me to his car, which is surprisingly beaten up. I’d pegged him for a trust fund kid, but apparently I was wrong. We drive in silence for about five minutes before he starts jabbering at me. I zone him out.

Next thing I know he’s shoving a drink in my face. Gatorade. It’s only then when I realize how thirsty I am. I open it and gulp it down.

He smiles, and briefly I think that this is kind of creepy. I look back at the road, but it swims in front of me.

“Where are we?” I try to ask, but it comes out all garbles. I know I’m in trouble. I shove at the door, but it’s locked, and I don’t see any button to push. We pull up in front of a familiar house. My dad, Morpheus, and ray are only meters away. The door clicks open and I drag myself out. I stumble towards the door, but I fall on my face. My stomach tears and I feel blood soaking my borrowed shirt.

I roll over. Mason leans over me, he’s grinning.

“I thought this would be harder.” He pulls out a long knife, the hilt made of bone. He looks to the sky. “Mason, son of Hades, remember me, I’m about to become one of you.” 

The day I die the sky is white, like snow, like fresh paper. It swims with my tears and is filled with regrets and unfulfilled promises.

I suppose I was always going to die, I just didn’t want to think about it. The moment I kissed that boy on that late July evening, my fate was sealed.

When the knife tears into me, I hardly feel it. There’s no peal of thunder, no crack of lightning, lust endless white, bright and pure.

Soon enough Ray will find me. I love him, I know that now, but it’s better that I never knew, it would have only hurt.

They will all hurt, but they have forever to heal, that’s the curse and the beauty of eternity.

I’m going to die now. My name is Havoc and Hailey, I am completely human, and completely monster, and I died at age eighteen. And that’s ok. There’s no regret in death.

The sky stretches in all directions, it pulls me up, far into the clouds, and there’s never been anything more beautiful.

So I got bored with this and finished it off. Originally Mason didn't know he was a demigod, so he and Havoc/ Hailey became friends. Then when he realized he was a demigod he didn't want to kill her. So he was good.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me and reading through this. Yes she is really dead, this is the end.

Vote and comment please. And check out my other story, 'The Black Prince'

Thanks!