│Almost│*

"I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me." 

Almost

~Ash~

I groan looking at myself in the mirror. I have bags under my eyes, bruises all over my body and a huge scar on my ankle. My body hurts and I have track practice this morning. I change into a pair of black under armor shorts and a gray long sleeved shirt. I grab my keys and head downstairs.

"Here" Sarah says handing me a homemade lunch and two aspirins.

"Thank you" I say and hug her.

"Mr. Peterson, this is Ash. Ash this is Mr. Peterson, the head coach at University of California, he's come today to observe our teams" the coach says smiling.

"You are doing a great job on track, keep up the good work" he says.

"Thank you" i say giving the man a small smile.

"You're the daughter of Samson DeLauro?" he asks.

"Yes" I answer.

''He made some really generous donations to our university and used to attend there. Do you plan on going the same route?" he asks.

"No actually. I want to become a writer" I say, feeling a bit of annoyance.

"Oh well that's great too" he says.

"I've got to get to class coach bye" I say and head to the change room to get change. 

As i am putting away my dirty clothes, I see my shirt's side stained with blood. I quickly rewrap the bandage on my stomach and check my arms. I sigh in relief and head to English class.

"Have a seat everyone" the teacher says as I walk into class. I look around to see that Austin is in this class.

Wow, what a great way to start my day. Not. 

I smile as I spot Amber at the back and take a seat beside her.

"Okay class, we are going to play a little game where you'll be in partners. Your partner will name a type of relationship and you say what comes to mind. For example, Lawyer and client, husband and wife, mom and dad, brother and sister, boyfriend and girlfriend, etcetera" she says. Amber and I go first.

"Brother and sister" Ambers says.

"The sister usually supports the brother if she knows he's in love. The boy usually prevents his sister if he knows that she is in love because she knows the meaning of love, and he knows the intentions of men" I say.

It's my turn next to give her a relationship, "Girlfriend and boyfriend" I say hesitantly.

"It's amazing how quickly your mood can change, how deep your heart can sink and how much one person can affect you" she says and I see an image of Michael in my head.

"Great work girls" the teacher says and we sit in our seats. As I sit there silently staring into space as my thoughts wandered elsewhere. They wander to my mom.

Where is she?

Is she okay?

Is she...Is she alive?

"Ash" Amber says shaking me.

"Huh?" I say snapping out of my trance.

"The bell rang, we have math second period" she says smiling.

"Oh um yeah lets go" I say getting up.

 Class goes by fairly quick as I ignore everyone around including Austin. Sometimes the thought of something takes over my mind completely.