Having an Affair with My Soon-to-Be Stepdad [6]

Start from the beginning

My mother came from the kitchen in James's condo and had a wet cloth in her hand. She smiled at me and gently placed it on my forehead. "How are you feeling, honey?"

"Better," I said, smiling to myself. "...I would feel better if we were at home," I admitted with an innocent voice.

"Oh, don't," my mother sighed.

"What? Why can't we go back? Why do we have to live here with Mr. Trump?" I heard a cough from the kitchen and James came into the bathroom doorway with his shirt off. He looked at me as he brushed his teeth and frowned.

As soon as my mother turned away he flicked me off. I flicked him off right back...Unfortunately my mother had turned back around by that time and slapped my hand gently. "Mirage apologize to your father...I mean-I..." She stopped and stared to the floor.

James slowly continued brushing his teeth and stepped back into the bathroom, silently shutting the door.

It was deathly quiet. "What did you just say?" I asked, in a voice that even chilled myself.

"....I....It was a mistake Mirage...Don't overreact," my mother said, trying to remain cool.

"So is this why you wanted to come here? To get away from Dad?"

"No," she said quietly. "It's not that....Your father lives miles away.."

"Yeah, and it's not exactly like he's chasing after you either," I mumbled under my breath.

"Ouch...That was a bit harsh," my mother said with a heartless laugh.

"He's not my dad," I said simply, turning away.

"What?" my mother asked, leaning in closer. "Speak up."

"I SAID," I began, loud enough for James to hear. "That DOUCHE BAG is NOT my DAD!!" I shouted out. It was pure anger that took over, I hadn't even meant to say all of that.

I heard the brushing stop and the faucet keep running. Seconds later, James came with a towel over his shoulder and wiped his mouth. He silently stepped into his room and slammed the door.

I cringed at the slam and turned back to the couch. My mother stared at me angrily. "You didn't have to bring him into this, Mirage. James didn't do anything."

"He's here, that's bad enough," I mumbled.

I heard a door bang open and out came James, still shirtless, which strangely set my heart pounding and I shook as he approached. "Oh yeah, Princess? Well you can leave, the door's right over there." He pointed to the door and gave me a daring look.

I turned away with a scoff.

"James," my mother said, shocked. "What's the matter with you? You can't just kick her out!"

James looked down at her slowly and swallowed what seemed like a huge gulp of anger. I watched as his Adam's Apple bobbed up and down, wondering what he would say. Suddenly, he smiled. He grabbed her hand. "Are you coming to bed?"

My mother blushed and patted his chest. "In a bit," she murmured, her face a deep cherry.

"Okay," he said, grinning broadly. "Take your time..." He looked at me with an annoyed look and then turned away.

"Disgusting," I mumbled, turning away.

My mother sighed and grabbed James's arm, and together they walked away, my mother whispering, "Good night," and James turning off the light.