Chapter 1

I know this chapter is short... but if I get 20 votes, I'll upload a new, and hopefully longer chapter, next week.

Enjoy!

Ivy swung open the large, wooden double doors. Thank god it was always free on Saturday mornings. She unlocked the changing room doors and plunked her bag down onto the nearest bench. She walked over to the sink and looked at her pale face. Her brown eyes looked sleep depraved and her hair seemed as if it hadn't been washed in months. She went back to her bag and got out her hair supplies, combing her hair and pinning it into a perfect bun. She liked her hair up while she was skating, it was much more comfortable than having it down, interfering with her vision. She took off her jeans and top and changed into her leotard. Ivy put on her ice skates and tied the laces. She had done it so many times, it was becoming a habit.

Opening the door to the rink, she pulled out her USB stick with her free hand. She looked around her. Over one thousand empty seats filled the stadium and towards the back there was the commentators' cabin. The rink was the only one in the entire state, so it was also the biggest, and it often doubled as a ice hockey court. She turned to her left and ran along the front row seats. She reached the stairs and jogged up to the cabin. There she opened the door which was, of course, jammed. Which wasn't much of a surprise, Michael never shut it properly, he always closed it, then locked it, without checking if the door had clicked into place first. Ivy had gotten so used to this, she didn't even bother to make a mental note to yell at him, which she normally did. After shoving the door further into the doorway, and twisting the key in several different directions, she opened the door to the cabin.

The musty smell of sweat and coffee filled the small room and she instantly regretted not bringing her spray deodorant like she normally did. Every single time she came in here, she would either forget to bring her deo, or her USB. You would think that the room's smell was bearable without the artificial smell, but Michael always managed to stink up the place, and Leo didn't bother to clean after his irresponsible friend either. She walked over to the small mic stand on the desk. The desk was filled with Dunkin' Donut wrappers and had a slightly sticky spot near the edge of the desk. There was a piece of paper on the mic stand, seemed like a note. She chuckled, knowing that everyone may have forgotten, but not Mike, never Mike. "Morning Ivybear! Happy Seventeenth Birthday! Sorry if the door was jammed again... I thought I had finally learned the mechanics of that stupid thing last Thursday, I guess some things never change :P Have fun, don't hurt yourself, make sure you make a huge mess of the ice so that Edna can actually do something while she's at work! - Love, Mikestand" the note read. Oh Mike, as if Edna's the only one that doesn't work when she's at work, Ivy thought to herself. She removed the note from the mic and folded it neatly in half.

Ivy picked at all the gunk that had cemented itself into place since last Thursday's match, until a shiny metal surface revealed itself. She pulled out the poor Macbook, and placed it next to the mike stand, plugging in the speaker cord. She jammed the USB into the (what a surprise) sticky USB port. Only God knows what Mike's room must look like, Ivy thought, a mixture of disgust and amusement. She selected the only file that was in the USB, opened it, and clicked the first song in the list. She had recorded an empty space of 45 seconds before the music actually began so that she could make her way back down to the rink before the music blasted on the overhead speakers.

As she ran (well as much as she could run with skates on), Ivy counted down. 45, 44, 43, 42... she ran across the row of seats, reaching the end of the aisle where the stairs lead her down to the rink. 31, 30, 29... She gripped onto the railing of the stairs as she stumbled down them. You would think as a dancer, she'd be graceful, but not Ivy. 12, 11, 10... She finally reached the end of the stairs and opened the small door in the outside rim of the rink. 8, 7, 6... she pushed herself off the rim into the wide rink, skating into the center. 5, 4, 3... She caught her breath and looked down.

1.

Showtime.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading guys! Don't forget to vote, follow and comment for constructive critisism. I appreciate every comment :)

Love,

Manirox