A Weapon in a Whisper

• Dedicated to Lady_Lalonde (username for ESO-- PC and MAC)

my friend and i were experimenting with writing a shared fan-fiction right after we watched LOTR but she said she wanted to marry Legolas so she did Ari's part and i did Legolas and everyone else's parts.

If you haven't seen The Lord of the Rings films you probably won't like/understand this. IT doesn't tell the story as straight forward as the books or films you.

This fan fiction was made particularly in reference to the films by Peter Jackson, they were not taken from the books so those particular fans may not love it as much.

 (Italic text) = from the author (me)

 PICTURES for this story can be found in the EXTERNAL LINK to the right

CHAPTER 1

AND IT BEGINS

   I fire again, missing horribly. "Ugh," I say frustrating myself.
  But i finally hear footsteps behind me, in our backyard. I stand there putting the dumb bow back down. I can't seem to get the hang of firing arrows. Most Elven woman don't. they just do worthless things like sewing or baking or crafting or playing instruments but not me.
   My husband comes to where i stand, finally back from the Council of Elrond.
   "Alright you promised," I say, remembering he said he would teach me today.
   But there was something new in his eyes that he hesitates to tell me...
   "Lle tyava quel? Something seems off about you." (Are you alright?)
   He sits down, thinking. Then he finally looks up. "Ari please do not detest me."
   "What did you do, Legolas?"
   He chuckles. "I... promised my bow to help the others destroy the ring of power. We are... taking it to Mordor... I leave tomorrow."
   "Do you understand how dangerous that is? Do you really think I would let you just leave like that?"
   He stands up. "It's what i have to do. I knew you would not approve." He comes close and touches my cheek.
    I lean in to his touch and sigh, "Let me come with you. I can help, please."

   "This quest is not place for my beautiful wife. You would be in danger and you know i cannot have that."

  I take an angry step forward, making the already small space between us even tinier. "What, it's not okay for me to be in danger, but it's perfectly fine for you to be? I can not deal with staying here not knowing if you're alive or dead... ... I just can't..." 
  He smiles slightly and places my brown hair back from my angry expressed face. His touch makes me relax my eyebrows a little. He doesn't speak for a few seconds, knowing i have made a valid point. "You can't even learn to shoot that petty little bow i made you for your birthday," he says, teasingly of course, and with that cute smile that always makes my cheeks warm.
  "Well, then maybe we should spend a little extra time together so you can show me how to do it," I say with a playful wink, "besides, you know that I have talents that could be of use to you guys on your journey."
  He chuckles. "I did promise you i would teach you today, didn't I, melanin? ...But i wouldn't be able to have you and Aragorn fighting again like last time." (melanin: my love)
   I huff. "He was the one that started that, I didn't know he would flip over something so tiny."
  "I think he was just messing with you. And knowing you, there's no winning an argument on our side. Which means that you must be coming with us now rather I allow it or not, hm?"
    I smile up at him. "Oh, you know me so well."
    He returns it. "I do." He places a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Now, let's see that bow of yours." He stands back a bit. "Show me how you fire at the target."
   I lift the bow up and aim at the target. Having him watch me do this is starting to make me nervous, what if I embarrass myself? I shake my head to clear my thoughts, and stare right ahead. I release the arrow and it flies over the target post. I snort. 
    He holds back a small laugh and walks up to me. "Pull back again." As i do as he says he touches my elbow. "Lift this slightly," he says softly. 
  I obey.
  "Use these muscles here," he continues placing a finger on both back shoulder blades. "Breathe... and keep steady," he whispers in my ear.
  "That's kind of hard to do when I have my handsome husband whispering in my ear."
  He recoils from me but i hear a quiet laugh. "You might want to let go."
  "Right, that might be a good idea." I release the arrow and shockingly enough, it hits the center of the target. 
  "Don't get better than me now."
  I am about to say something but a voice catches our attention. I look forward to see Aragorn coming this way with an apple that has... uh an arrow stuck through it. "Anyone know where this came from?" he asks, smiling, knowing it was me.
  "Man, I guess my aim was off, but I have no idea how I managed to miss that big head of yours." I say with a smile, I lean forward and stick my tongue out at him; making me resemble a child.
  He smiles with his teeth and tosses me the apple. "Good to see you again. But you would probably miss the Balrog if it was standing where i am."
  I snort. "Oh, hush. I hit the center of that target over there," I make a gesture with my hand towards it, "so I highly suggest you watch your mouth, the next one might not miss."
    He laughs and nods. "Perhaps. Quel re," he excuses himself from where we are. (good day)
  I feel a hug from behind and a quiet voice from Legolas, "Please try not to anger my future aratoamin." (companions)
  "Ah, sorry, Dear. He is just far too easy to tease."
  "I know... Now why don't you continue practicing some more? Maybe someday you'll be able to hit his head from here."
  I bite back a laugh. "That'll be a dream come true." 
  He breathes a quiet laugh.