He's Hot and She's Cold

Emily Schuster scanned the campus like a hawk. It was a beautiful day at Tuscany Academy, and the sun glimmered lazily on the marble halls of the ancient and prestigious school. She smiled at the marble statue of Marius Yero Tuscany, the founding father of the academy, that stood in the center of the pavilion. Every morning, she thanked Mr. Tuscany for creating this sanctuary. With a little nod of appreciation, she immediately returned her gaze to the students who were slowly ambling around the campus. The air smelled like a mix of coffee and Chanel's Chance. The warm sun light made it easier for Emily to note all the rules that were being broken blatantly. Headphones in. High heels. Untucked shirts. PDA. She sighed as she pulled out her crisp copy of the student handbook. To be honest, she had memorized the content years ago. However, she liked to use it as a backup when students protested or thought she was making up a rule. Her braids jolted up like antennas when she noticed a broken rule.

"Owen Kline, minus five points for forgetting your school tie and leaving your top 2 buttons undone," said Emily sharply. She quickly jotted down the misconduct on her note pad and handed Owen a pink slip.

"You're kidding," moaned Owen.

"Rule 54 of the Tuscany Academy Guidebook strictly says that all students must wear the Tuscany Academy ordained uniform. For boys, that would be a crisp white button up, the evergreen blazer with the Tuscany emblem embroidered on the right chest, trousers that hit a inch below the ankle, and the maroon tie. Sweaters optional - solid colors only," recited Emily calmly. "Without your tie, the uniform is incomplete hence the markdown."

Emily spun around when she noticed another rule breaker. "Monica Walsh, this is your second offense. I repeat, rule 32 forbids you from wearing stilettos on campus. You are to wear loafers!"

"Whatever. I'd take a pink slip any day to walk around in my Jimmy Choo's. I'd rather be dead than be caught in loafers."

Emily's green eyes glowed, "you are dangerously close to losing your off campus privileges Monica. One more violation and you won't be leaving campus until Summer Break."

Monica frowned before slipping off her heels and pulling out the school sanctioned loafers.

"Ugh, there goes the Ice Queen again preaching about the rules," whispered Charlotte Sawyer. Her wrists were decked out in Cartier love bracelets causing the sunlight to bounce off of it.

"Can't she ever give that goody two shoe act a rest?" Chimed in Annie Wang as she rolled her eyes.

Even though their whispers were said loud enough for Emily to hear, she was not fazed at all. As disciplinary prefect and head of student security at Tuscany Academy, it was both an honor and duty for her to ensure that all was up to the school's incredibly lofty standards. After all, this was one of the premier academies in the world and the most exclusive high school  in the United States. So exclusive that there were only two ways to enter the campus. Set on a island on the West Hudson River, between New Jersey and New York, one can only drive across the draw bridge with a special school pass or by helicopter. Only the creme de la creme had the privilege of attending the school.  Her classmates ranged from heirs and heiresses to Olympic medal athletes - and it was a common occurrence for students to take off for months to run their family corporation or for a film shoot. Wealthy, beautiful, and intelligent - the school body was composed of the elite.

Emily Schuster was none of that but she was fine with it that way. It was her role to protect these elite students and ensure that the sacred traditions and rules of the school were kept.