Chapter Twenty-Two

I stood there, petrified and staring back at the sea of girls. Are they going to wound me? One girl stepped forward, she had blue eyes and blonde hair. She frowned at me, her face looking droopy.

"You don't deserve the boys." She hissed. Another girl, a brunette walked up next to her.

"You're nothing but a white trash bitch. You cheated on the most amazing boy in the world, and broke Danielle's damn heart! People like you should rot in hell."

Their words stung, but I can't show fear. It'll only satisfy them. I willed myself not to cry. I could already feel the lump in the back of my throat. I took heavy breaths, trying everything to block them out.

"Hello!" The blonde girl yelled, snapping her fingers in my face, "Are you even listening!"

My anger seethed out of me, "Do you not realize ya'll are being bullies!" I practically screamed. "People everyday kill themselves because of people like you. I thought 'Directioners' were supposed to support the boys in everything they do?" I asked, doing the quoting thing with my fingers, "Or at least that's what I see on Twitter. But no, when something really does happen you go back on your word and talk shit about their decisions! If you haven't noticed, I happen to be one of them. I also happen to be a human being that makes mistakes, just like everyone of you." I pointed my finger, dragging it across the crowd.

I breathed in through my nose, and out through my mouth, trying to calm down my breathing. The eyes were staring back at me, I heard whispers coming from all around. I heard a few claps, then a few more. I guess my little sermon did work, that was until I felt a sting hit my left cheek. I stumbled backwards, clutching my cheek with my hand. What the heck? I looked up and the blonde was smirking at me.

"You cheated on Harry with Liam. You deserve a slap from every girl out here."

 "I'm not some Raggedy Ann doll that you can push around." I got up, standing my ground. "You want to say heartless and hurtful things about me, go ahead. Nothing's stopping you. But if you lay another hand on me-" I stopped midsentence when something caught my eye. A smile crept its way to my lips as Louis was motioning me towards him. He was standing behind a tree, a huge grin on his face. I looked at the crowd, once again, all eyes on me.

"Ohmygawd!" I screamed, "It's Niall Horan!" I pointed towards the side of the building. "He's running!"

Most of the girls ran towards the side as the building. I made my escape as they were screaming and hollering.

"Louis, why are you out here?" I asked, catching my breath.

"Because I couldn't find you anywhere! We looked everywhere. I even volunteered to look in the Women's bathroom." He smirked proudly. I shook my head, oh Louis. 

 "Anyway, you need to get in there." Louis said, grabbing my hand and rushing us inside.

"Why me?" I asked.

"You need to get things straight with Harry."

"Things are straight."

"Yeah, as straight as Harry's hair." He scoffed.

I rolled my eyes, "We're not fighting!" 

 "Well." He said, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"What do you mean?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I don't think he trusts Liam around you." He mumbled.

"How come you are the second person to be telling me this?" I asked, furious.

"He's back with Danielle!"

"I know, but Harry always takes a long time to convince." He muttered.

I threw my hands up in exasperation, "You have got to be kidding me! He's not over that stupid kiss?"

Louis hung his head low, "No, I guess not."

"I'm sick of this. I'm sick of all this pointless drama. It's not worth it. It's most definitely not worth it." I said, shaking my head.

"What do you mean, Chloe?" Louis asked, leaning against the wall.

"I'm going back home." I said, looking Louis in the eyes.

Louis looked concerned, "We're your home."

"No, you're not. I'm going back to America. Back to my little small town where I belong." I stood straight up, so I looked taller and stronger. I didn't want to coward out.

"What? Chloe, you're kidding." Louis asked, rather than stated.

"I'm almost 18. I can take care of myself." I shrugged.

"Chloe, I thought you loved Harry." Louis mumbled.

"I do love Harry, but if Harry won't trust me, what's left of our relationship?" I asked, tears threatening to appear.

"Chloe, you know Harry loves you, don't throw that special connection away."

I sighed heavily, "Trust and honesty are the most important things in a relationship. I don't think we have either of them."

Louis pulled me close to him. I hesitated but hugged him back.

"I don't want you to leave." Louis whispered.

"I need a stress free life, and being on this tour isn't helping. We can keep in touch." I smiled, backing away from Louis.

"Are you serious about this?" Louis asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I thought about it. Am I really going to go back to America? Am I really going to back to my small town in South Carolina? Yes. Yes I am.

I nodded my head. "Yes. I'm serious."