Alone

AN: Next chapter! I promise that Bella won't be on the run for long.

>|<>|<>|<

As I flew, it dawned on me that I was alone. It might be a few days, it might be a month, but in the end I still wouldn't be with Edward for a period of time. My heart clenched painfully at that thought. I already missed him.

I lifted my face to the wind, and allowed it to dry my tears. For now this was the path I had to follow. Nothing could change that right now. The downside was that I was back to eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in trees. Pity, I really liked the benefits of living with people who had money.

I sought shelter when I smelled rain in the air. Taking cover under the awning of a store, I looked out onto the freeway, craving Edward's hugs and kisses. I'd do anything for him to be with me right now. I'd never felt so alone, without him here.

While I waited for the rain to cease, I dug through my pack, only to find added stuff and a few notes. I opened a note with Alice's name on it, curious.

Dear Bella,

I know you're feeling alone right now, but hold out for two weeks. I've seen then that they lose interest and leave Forks, having come to the conclusion that you have bailed.

We all miss you terribly and love you lots.

You'll see that I've added some things to your bag. Some cash, a cell phone, notes from Edward and the family, and photos.

Also, only call us from the phone, otherwise it can be traced.

Hold on tight sister, you'll make it.

Love you, Alice

I smiled at the letter and dug through my bag for Edward's. A few bittersweet tears coursed down my cheek when I saw his name written in his cursive writing.

Love,

I know you're all alone out there but hold out hope, we will be together again. I know it hurts, but you're not alone, it hurts for me too. Alice has added things to your pack, so that you're not hungry and can sleep in a hotel. I trust that you'll actually use these things and make your time away comfortable.

Alice is keeping an eye on you and will message you on that phone if the erasers get a little to close for comfort. I know its hard to do this. As it is, I'm doing everything I can not to go running after you. Please come back after the two weeks, I have that you will but still, please.

I love you for now and forever.

Your love,

Edward

I smiled at the letter and decided I'd save the one marked Cullen's for later. After all, it had stopped raining. I stuffed the notes back in my pack, noted that I had $20,000 in cash (that's a lot, I know) and swung it on my back. I figured I'd go to McDonalds and order myself two Big Macs, some fries, a coke, and an Oreo McFlurry. It was a large order but I was part bird and hungry.

The McDonalds wasn't far. I ordered my food and waited, then I sat at a table, swinging my long legs. The food was really good and I later then checked myself into a hotel, using a fake name. Better lying then having the erasers finding me.

I was alone, but at least I had a wonderful family to back me up. I trusted them and they trusted me. That's the most I could ask for.