Chapter 8

Sorry, this one's a little shorter(: Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My alarm went off at 5am. Why in the world was it going off this early?!

Oh, yeah. I had to take the boys to airport. They were leaving today.

I didn’t feel like getting up. Maybe if I was late, they would miss their flight. Then they would have to stay.

But I couldn’t do that. It would jeopardize their career. I was responsible for the hottest current boy band in… the world.

I got up and took a quick hot shower. I felt depressed and lazy, so I got into flannel red/black plaid pajama pants and pulled on one of Zayn’s sweatshirts over my tank top. Yes, I stole one of his hoodies when he left it on the couch once. But I’ve worn it before and he never said anything.

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun, and I was finally ready. I heard the boys hulling their luggage down the stairs. I came out to help them but ended up collapsing on the couch. I’d only gotten one hour of sleep, so I was dead tired.

The boys somehow fit their luggage in my car, and I reluctantly got up and pulled away from the tempting comfort of the couch. I grabbed my keys and trudged out the front door. Two boys sat in the front of the car with me, and the other three sat in the back.

“Are you awake enough to drive?” Harry asked.

I nodded and turned the key in the ignition.

The entire ride to the airport was silent except for the directions being given by the GPS.

Too quick for my taste, we arrived at the airport. Inside the building, it was clammy and cold, mirroring my feelings. We wordlessly got all of their bags weighed and taken care of. Now they only held their carry-ons and we were waiting for their flight to be announced.

I regretted not given them their farewell gifts. I had decided to wait and give them to the boys when I saw them again. But now that we were here, I began to doubt that I’d ever see them again. This was probably a regular thing to them, to leave people behind that they made friends with along the way. I was probably just like the others they’d left. What would they do after they were gone? Delete my number from their phones? Never talk to me again? Forget all about me?

“Flight 287 is now boarding.”

I’ve never hated someone as much as I hated the announcer at that moment.

“You ready, boys?” Liam asked, the first words any of us had spoken since we’d left my house. They grabbed their carry-ons.

This was it. They were really going. I would never see them again. I hadn’t even given them their gifts, said everything I’d wanted to say, thanked them for everything they’ve done for me…

I burst into tears and hugged the one nearest to me, which happened to be the one I’d gotten closest to: Louis.

“I’m going to miss you guys,” I muttered into his striped shirt.

“I’m going to miss you two,” he said, sounding sincere.

But it was hard to believe. Usually, when you tell someone you’re going to miss them, you mean that you can’t wait until you see them again. But in this case, I wasn’t going to see them again.

I hugged Harry next, playful ruffling the curly mass on his head. “I’ll miss pulling pranks on you, Harry,” I said with a humorless laugh.

Instead of arguing back like he normally would, Harry pulled me into another hug, making it difficult for me to breath.