Chapter 24: The End

I woke up the next morning, quite late to be exact. I hurriedly got dressed and ran out the door, to the Great Hall. I had to see her, just one last time before she went home and I wouldn't see her again for almost three months, but then there was the fact that I had also broken her heart. I hadn't thought it completely through though that much I will admit. I had loved her so much and to tell her that I didn't basically ripped my heart out. I held in the tears as I walked through the tall oak doors.

I walked to the Head Table, trying not to look at her as I sat down. I picked up my fork and moved the food around that was waiting on my plate. I didn't really feel that hungry to be completely honest, and I made the mistake of looking up. I looked straight at Hermione and I hated myself more after what I saw. Her eyes were red and puffy, her hair a frizzy mess, and she looked like she hadn't slept well the night before.

I ran my fingers through my hair and got up. I walked out and I slammed the door behind the Head Table as I walked out. I heard someone chasing after me, and Minerva slammed me into a wall. I looked down at her, and she was very frightning, even though she was a foot shorter than me. Her nostrils were flared and her lips were set in a straight line. "How could you do that to her, Severus?!" she shouted, her voice bouncing off of the walls. "She loved you and you know it!" She poked me in the chest with each word that she said.

I sighed heavily. "Minerva, things weren't going to work out between us," I said simply, trying to keep her from pressing me anymore, but yet she did. She always did.

"Why, Severus?!" I shook my head and rubbed my temples with my fingers.

"Minerva, it's too complicated." She huffed both sadly and angrily.

"Severus, I need you to try and uncomplicate it for me then, because this is killing her. Truly it is." I looked into her eyes and saw that she spoke the truth. She rested her hands against my chest, and sighed again. She then leaned forward and rested her head there too. "I love you, Severus, but you can't keep doing this to her. It's not fair." I nodded my head and draped my arms around her petite frame.

"My mother saw something in Hermione's future. She said that if me and Hermione got together, that Hermione would turn dark. I didn't want to hurt her, Minnie, but if it means that she will be safe...then so be it." She lifted her head up to look into my eyes. She took a deep breath.

"I knew that that was coming. I didn't want to believe it...but I never doubted. Severus, you have to let fate take its course." She stepped back and my chest rose and fell rapidly.

"Minerva, I can't lose her! She is the love of my life!"

"Then why hurt her?! You are only hurting yourself by keeping yourself away from her!" My hands flew to my hair and I turned my back to her. I heard her sigh heavily.

"Because I can't bare to see her in any kind of pain. I have seen what this curse does to her...and it scares me that she has to go through it alone. Please, Minerva, just let me see how these things work out." I heard her sigh.

"Okay, Severus. If you think that this is best...then it's for the best. I just hope you know how unhappy she is right now." I heard her walk away and I started back to my chambers. This was the end of us. I slammed my door behind me and opened up my liquor cabinet. I didn't bother with a glass and I took the whole bottle of Fire Whiskey. I uncorked the bottle and tipped the bottle back, taking large gulps of it. I needed to get drunk, and I needed a smoke. I grabbed one of my cigarettes and slipped it inbetween my lips.

I lit it up and took a long drag of it. I pulled it out, blowing the smoke out of my mouth. I took a swig and a drag. Swig, drag, swig, drag, and the pattern went on and on for I don't know how long. I started to feel woozy as I started towards the bathroom, and then I fell. My head hit the floor, making it ache as it bounced against the cobblestone floor.

*Okay guys this book is now done! I love you guys! It may take me awhile to get book three up, but I am trying here guys! I want to talk to my followers! So, please do me a favor and kik me. If you have a kik, this is my username: PB7598. I want to talk some things over with one of you guys. Please be sure to comment, vote, and be waiting for the third book to come out. I don't know when that will be though guys. School is really keeping me busy!*

Love,

Poe <3