Kill The Lights {8}

Shane and our friend Sparky came into the room. They sat down and Shane grinned at all of us, pulling beer out from under his bed.

                “How about a little truth or dare?” he offered, waggling his eyebrows.

                Mitch made a face, running his tongue over his chipped tooth. “No.”

                “Oh, come on Mitch. Don’t be a little bitch,” Shane said, laughing.

                “You’re paying for any dental damages that come out of this,” Mitch said, snatching a beer from Shane.

                “Deal,” Shane said with a nod. “Everyone up for this?”

                Jake, Sparky, and I nodded at him. We all grabbed beer and settled into comfortable positions.

                “Mitch, truth or dare?” Shane asked.

                “Dare,” Mitch said, apparently not having learned his lesson.

                “I dare you to go lick mom’s cheek,” Shane said.

                Mitch sighed in annoyance and stood up. We watched as he left the room and listened eagerly.

                “MITCHELL!”

                We all exploded into laughter at Carol’s angry voice. Mitch darted into the room a few seconds later, slamming and door and spitting on Shane’s floor.

                “Don’t spit on my floor!” Shane snapped, chucking a tissue box at Mitch’s head.

                Mitch ducked to avoid it and casually went back over to where he had been sitting. “I’ll do what I want,” he said, drinking more of his beer. “Jake, truth or dare?”

                “Truth,” Jake said.

                “Pussy. Where’s the weirdest place you’ve ever had sex?” Mitch asked.

                “A church pew,” Jake said.

                “Oh, that is wrong on so many levels,” Sparky said.

                “That’s just not okay,” I said, shaking my head.

                “What? I showed her heaven,” he said with a shrug.

                “There are just some things you never do,” I said with a sigh.

                “In my defense, I was severely intoxicated,” Jake said. “Now, Shane, truth or dare?”

                “Truth,” Shane said.

                “Hm…weirdest thing you’ve ever done drunk?” he asked.

                “Felt up Jace,” Shane said, laughing.

                “Oh, that was definitely weird,” I said with a sigh. “There are places I don’t want my best friend’s hands.”

                “You had your clothes on. It wasn’t that bad,” Shane said.

                “Still,” I said, shaking my head. “Keep your hands to yourself, children.”