chapter 1

NOTICE: Due to A New Era getting published, ONLY THE FIRST 27 chapters are available on Wattpad. This is due to copyright reasons as well as Amazon's exclusivity guidelines.

For more information, please read the chapter titled: Information for You

Note: This is book two of the "Dragon of Legend" series following on from "Dragon of Legend: Destiny"

This is also the un-edited and un-cut version. Edited and re-written versions of the DOL series are not available on Wattpad. 

Dragon of Legend: A New Era

Times had changed drastically, it was inevitable. Almost 500 years after the legend had come to be fulfilled the lands where dragons and humans once both roamed together were at peace. Everyone had all they needed and everyone was happy...at least the humans were.

Chapter 1

"You'd better have a plan."

Dominique didn't reply as he scanned the area below them, knowing that his dragon already knew the answer to the question.

"If Ray finds out–" his dragon began.

"He won't, and if he does, he won't mind because we will have gotten out safely. Not to mention that we will have damaged the Councils' pride more than ever," Dominique replied with a smirk.

"I still don't–"

"Come on, Breeze," Dominique said glancing down at his dragon. As expected he could not see so much as a scale of his light blue dragon under the camouflage sheet that covered them both. It was a sheet designed to blend in with its surroundings and was very effective when one held still.

"Relax a little, we're going to get out of here just fine," turning his attention away from his dragon he eyed the view below.

As he had requested his dragon, Breeze, had come to perch on the top of a large tower, one of the tallest in the City, or as it was known to everyone by the name of, 'Academy City'. The reason for this name being that the city stood at the foot of an ancient building, taller than any other in the Lands. It was so tall that it even towered above the clouds above.

It was said that this building used to be an academy, the very Academy the last great Rider of Legend went to. Yet now it served a different purpose, for it was the headquarters of the council, the council who ruled the Lands.

"They aren't going to let us get away this easily," Breeze warned as he watched the busy streets below that were illuminated by street lights. He could see the few dragons whose owners were still up, walking on the 'no fly' streets, carrying their rider and their latest shopping. "Especially when what we've taken means so much to them," Breeze continued.

"They don't even know what it stands for anymore," Dominique snapped, his green eyes sparking with anger. "They don't deserve to keep it in their possession. We do." He put a reassuring hand on the object he held under his cloak as if to make sure that it was still there. He still couldn't believe that they had actually managed to take it when it was always so closely guarded.

"Trouble ahead," Breeze warned.

Dominique looked up to see four dragons coming towards them. Each of them was wearing armor that was blue and black, almost completely hiding the dragons' true colors. The riders they carried were dressed in a similar fashion.