*Chapter Nine*

*Chapter Nine*

“What are you talking about?” Cade started and frowned. “Is that blood on your shirt, Aurora?”

“Your charade won’t work,” she said, ignoring his comment. “Cadence is your sister, right?”

She could see his face ashen out of the corner of her eyes.

“I’m waiting for some explanations.”

“Cousin,” Cade mumbled, not looking at her.

Aurora’s eyes narrowed in suspicion. Why didn’t he tell her something like this? She voiced it aloud.

“We can’t tell you anymore,” Gabriella finally said. “We just,” she hesitated, “can’t.”

Aurora looked at Adrian, and he shook his head by a fraction. Even though he couldn’t tell her, it didn’t stop him from staring meaningfully at Aurora. Was he trying to convey something?

Think!

If even the Demon Prince is not allowed to say anything…

…Aurora didn’t want to know who she was facing against.

She wondered if she should try it on Cade. Three seconds later, she sighed. She couldn’t do it. Invading someone’s privacy was never her thing, and she certainly didn’t want Cade’s memories to be stuck in her head. If she were to accidently see something she shouldn’t, she would never forgive herself.

The doorbell rang again, and Adrian went to open the door. A few seconds later, he returned with someone she was definitely not expecting.

“Nice to meet you, Miss Faye,” a man with deep blue hair said, dipping slightly in an old fashioned bow.

Aurora’s mind immediately linked the image in front of her with a certain scene she saw in Cadence’s mind. She held her ground, unsure if she should let the man in front of her know anything.

“It’s fine, Miss Faye,” he said, approaching her slowly. “We already know that you’re aware of the intention behind this school. There is no point in hiding anything. I will explain as much as I can,” he said and looked around him, taking in Gabriella and Cade. “Since all of you are here, this will make it much easier.”

How did he know that she saw it in Cadence’s memory? Aurora glanced around, expecting the walls and ceilings to have eyes and ears. Aurora crossed her arms over her chest and stared into his eyes.

Nothing.

Just as she thought.

“This school was initially created for the purpose of three species living in harmony. The humans were sworn not to tell any other souls about this. It was just a small step. One can say it’s sort of an experiment. All was well for a good few decades until humans betrayed us. Paul, the first human representative, violated the peace by harming an angel girl while he was induced by alcohol. The demons couldn’t control their bloodlust and joined in on the fight. From there on, it was a complete pandemonium.”

Across Aurora, Adrian glanced down, a dark shadow entering his eyes.

“To make it easier to understand, I’ll skip to the end. At the end, Faith, the angel’s representative, managed to calm things down. If I wasn’t mistaken, she broke Heaven’s law and used some demonic magic in the process. The whole thing wasn’t pretty, but nevertheless, everything went back to normal.”

“What happened to Faith?” Aurora asked. She didn’t know why, but she was curious.

“She died,” the Headmaster said.