Chapter 38 - the beginning

A/N - Okay I've just decided just to keep going, to be honest I kind of lost it for this story for a tiny bit but now I'm very excited to start this bit YAY

(Channing pov)

            He felt it slowly relax its penetrating grasp on his conscious as they continued to walk; it was as if the marks that were now apparently condensed across his eyes had journeyed inside his head to slip lethal and demanding fingers inside his brain to control him at their will.

            He did not know where they were going, the picture in his head was of a valley between two cliffs, he did not why he had the urge to go there, but he knew it was the first in this involuntary saga. He sighed as he dragged his hand across his face, first the blackness and now this. Maybe the blackness was combining with the ink?

            He watched as Talon held hands with Alliyah singing some song aloud at the tops of their voices when Asren joined them for the male part. He didn't even know what they were singing about... whop bam boo? Part of him still viewed the Ice Male as a threat but it was easy to see that while his loyalty sat with Talon his heart was with the other Ice Slayer.

Talon was his heart, without her this pain would have driven him too far.

            He noticed Rieden's eyes would study him occasionally as he conversed softly with Konall, he was surprised that part of him worried about the Brothers' reaction to what was happening to him, worried that he would lose the older man's... approval.

            Talon bolted past him, pinching him on the butt laughing and he reached out and pulled her to him, enjoying the love that was blaring in her eyes. She was definitely still in high spirits after his... memory giving. Although it was in his nature to travel with less of a group, if not alone with her, he was content that she was happy and having fun.

            He liked how she smelt of him now.

            She smiled and leapt up her legs wrapping around his waist as his powered them forward to this unknown destination. The thought of stopping caused pain to sear through his head like a hot branding iron. She kissed his neck playfully and gently, his lacerations now pink with healing. He growled lowly, lipping the tips of her ears which he had discovered were a highly sensitive area of her body, he chuckled softly at her moan.

            "So where are we going to Chan?" she asked leaning back so that her body was hanging upside down from his waist like she was three years old.

            He saw the rest of the group react to her question and watch him closely. He shrugged.

            "For a walk."

            He felt the power contained in that body as she brought herself up to face him, he saw her eyes change from playful to Ice Slayer female, "where are we going?" she repeated.

            He chuckled again not phased by her, "for a walk."

             He leant forward and kissed her on the top of her nose. Her answering growl could be felt rumbling from her chest before it slid out of her clenched diamond teeth.

            He laughed at Konall's wary expression. Channing did not fear Talon even remotely whereas Konall's caution was exposed on his face.

            "Channing, tell me! Are we leaving my forest?" concern saturated the link. Suddenly he felt a sliver of nervousness skitter down his spine.

            "I believe we are, but Angel it's not something that I am choosing to do myself," he willed her to understand that he had no choice, and he instinctively knew that if she fought him on this it would get rough.