Time's History - Part Two: Hermione

Without another word, Hermione dashed after the boy. It was obvious he knew the halls and secret passages just as well as her. It was important to find him at all costs. According to Time Stepping: A Dangerous Game?, the first and most important rule is to be seen and not seen, even Dumbledore had mentioned it and within the first minute, that rule was broken. The boy that was following her had seen both her past and future selves.  

"Where are you?" she said under her breath as she walked hurriedly through the corridor under the watchful eye of the house prefects. They were stationed throughout the school to watch for children acting out of line. It was the first day of school and the excitement of all the students gathering for the first time was usually overwhelming. A red haired prefect was craning his neck around a corner, shouting a command to a student, it was Percy Weasley. 

"Hey there, slow down, this is not a running course!" 

"Percy!" Hermione surprised him. 

"Hermione, aren't you supp..." 

"Percy not now..." her dire look silenced him, "did you see a boy with a green jacket come this way, about..." she holds her hand up to Percy's shoulder, "this tall with black hair?" 

"Yes" he said slightly shocked, "just ran this way, I told him to slow down. If you know this boy you..." Hermione ran past him in the direction of his pointing finger. "Hermione! No ru.." Percy decided it was useless, she was not listening to him either.

 II

She saw the student running up the stairs toward the clock tower, the same place she had been not too long ago. Knowing there was no place else to run, she took out her wand and followed slowly after. 

"Is there someone there?" Hermione called out. "I am a friend, please, I just have a couple of questions." 

Standing in the center of the floor, looking East, was the young man that had been following her. He seemed to be noting the current time position like Professor McGonagall had instructed her to do just earlier. The hands on the clock face outside read ten minutes to noontime, the very time she was supposed to meet with the professor for Time Turner lessons. Things were not going smoothly at all and seemed to be getting much worse. 

"Who are you?" Hermione asked politely, not wishing to startle the boy. 

"My name is Caidoz." 

"Wait..." she said, her face wrinkled in concentration. He seemed to be reading her mind and merely smiled. "You're the time wizard that bested Noiro!" 

"A very long time ago, yes." He smiles. 

"But... you're just... a boy. I mean... you are very young." 

"How old do you think I am?" 

"Well... since you asked, I would have to say, no more than..." Hermione looked at his pale, smooth skin and dark brown eyes. His hands were young too, "fourteen" she guessed. 

"Fourteen?" He laughed. For some reason, it stung to hear his laughter, it seemed cruel. "I am over seventeen thousand years old." 

"How could that be?" 

"We are spirits living in the world of the living, all of us. My people learned this long ago." 

"Your people?" 

"Have you ever heard of Rekat Emit?" 

"The lost city of wizards, Rekat Emit, was a place many wizards went in search of but were lost. Hundreds of wizards spent their lives fortunes and time looking for it but were never seen again."