I woke Up a Vampire: My Nightmare

1

After leaving Saratoga Springs, New York a few days ago, Josephine and I finally made it to Florida. We arrived in a little town called Middleburg. I remember Caleb telling me that he was from Middleburg. I thought that maybe we would find other vampires here. What I’m really hoping for is that I find the vampire that turned Caleb. I haven’t told Josephine this and I don’t plan on it, but I am looking for revenge. I wouldn’t be a vampire if a vampire hadn’t turned Caleb.

Now that we’re in Florida, we plan to find a house where there aren’t many neighbors. Josephine and I had been driving around almost all day looking for the perfect house. I was about to give up when all of a sudden there it was, the perfect house. A two story white house with black window shutters and a wraparound porch. It was so beautiful. We didn’t see a for sale sign when we pulled up to the house.

When we got out of the car, a woman walked out of the house. The woman appeared to be in her mid-forties. She was short and chubby. She had dark hair that was in a ponytail. Her eyes were brown. She had a button down top that had flowers on it, white capris and black flip-flops on.

“I’m Betty. May I help you?” she asked in a southern accent.

“Yes I was just admiring your house,” I told her as I reached out to shack her hand.

Betty appeared to live alone, but I had to be certain before I started to control her. I wanted her house and I needed a human to feed on when I desired blood.

“This house belonged to my sister; she passed away a few years back. I moved here from Texas,” she said as she smiled.

“You live here alone?” I asked.

She was southern and very friendly. Usually people won’t reveal information to a complete stranger, but she was way too trusting.

“Yes I live alone,” she said.

I closed my eyes so that I could clear my mind.  After clearing my mind of any thoughts, I opened my eyes and said to her, “You’re going to let us have your house. You are going to let me feed on you.”

“The two of you can stay here. You can keep the house,” she said with a confused look on her face as to why she would say such a thing.

I couldn’t believe it, my powers actually worked! I was so overjoyed about my powers that I immediately needed to feed. I sank my teeth into the skin of Betty’s arm; I began drinking her delicious blood. Once I was done feeding on her, I asked Josephine if she wanted to feed.

“No that’s alright, I’ll just feed on some animal blood, Josephine said.

I never did see Josephine drink blood of a human. I was beginning to think that she was a vampire vegetarian.

“You can’t survive off that disgusting animal blood forever. Human blood is so much better,” I told Josephine.

After demonstrating some of my powers on Betty, the three of us went into the house. I thought that when we entered the house, it would look just as beautiful as it did on the outside, but it wasn’t so. We entered the foyer as we walked through the front door. The living room was off to the left of the foyer. The living room was very dull looking and nothing stood out. Down the foyer hall was the kitchen, which was also dull. The kitchen was a good size, but the wallpaper was horrible. The wallpaper was of yellow and green flowers. The study was off to the right of the foyer, which held bookshelves, a desk with a laptop on it and some other pieces of furniture. Like the rest of the house, the study was also dull. There were four bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs.