Chapter 32 (Something I gotta know)

Start from the beginning

“Not funny,” I huffed. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I was going to, but…”

“You didn’t want me to come with you,” I finished for him. It wasn’t a question. It was a statement.

“Of course I want you to come. But you can’t, it’s dangerous.” Finn explained, kissing me. “I’ll be back before you know it, kay?”

“Hurry up,” Sebastian said, pointing to his watch. “Finn, don’t be stupid. Just let your girlfriend go with us.”

“But uncle S, it’s not safe for a mortal –“Finn started to argue.

“Look kid, I don’t have time for this,” Sebastian muttered, grabbing us both by the arms and dragged us outside. “Come on, get in the van.”

He threw us in the backseats of a gray van with black coated window one by one. I sat on the seat in the middle and Finn sat beside me. Sebastian briskly hopped in the driver’s spot and stepped down on the gas pedal.

“What’s with the rapist van?” I asked, cuddling closer to Finn. He slipped an arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

“So they don’t know it’s us,” Sebastian answered.

“Are we going on a secret mission or something?” I asked excitedly.

“Or something.” Finn laughed.

“Okay kiddos, I gotta tell you something before we get there,” Sebastian started uncertainly.

“Sure, what is it?”

“well, uh, we’re going to pay a visit to the king of hell.”

“Yeah, I know,” Finn said.

“I just want you two to be on your best behaviour, got it?”

“Uncle S. we’re not toddlers. I’m sure we can handle it.”

Sebastian sighed, “I know, all I’m saying is that if he tell you to bow, you bow. I f he tells you to make him a caramel latte, you go out and get him one. Use your manners and be polite. Especially you, Finn.

“What? Why’s the king picking on me? I am even more powerful than him, I’m a half-breed, and he should be the one kissing my ass.”

Sebastian laughed, “I’m starting to wonder if you get ANY personality traits from your mother. I should tell her about that.”

“Mom? What? But she’s dead!” Finn said quietly.

Sebastian’s face fell. “Right. Look, Finn, there’s something I need to tell you.”

Finn shook his head, “No, I don’t want to hear it.”

“Finn, listen—“

“Sebastian,” he said firmly, “if it’s about my parents, I said I don’t want to hear it. They are dead.”

I glanced up at Finn. There’s a glint of sadness in his eyes. I gave him a light kiss on he lips, but he didn’t kiss me back.

“Are you okay?” I ask softly.

Finn shook his head and gave me tight smile. “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.”

I leaned on his side and rested my head on his shoulder. Soon enough, I found myself falling asleep, right in Finn’s arms.

“Bianca, wake up.” Finn said softly, nudging me on the side. “Wake up, we’re here.”

My eyes blinked open and I rubbed them with the back of my hand.  “Huh? Where are we?”