Chapter Eleven

*Unedited chapter*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Eleven

Present Day

Senior Year

            Troy lived on the east side and it felt as if I was walking to China instead. Suddenly, I froze. He can't be serious. I was in the neighborhood where the rich lived. Glancing down at the address I looked for the door number 1254. It wasn't long until I ended in front of a set of black marble steps. Checking one more time at the address I walked up the long steps and rang the doorbell.

            The door swung open and an intimidating man stood at the doorway with his eyebrow raised. His giant figured completely shadowed mind. "Can I help you," he asked his voice roaring.

            I blinked a few times before saying, "Is Toy Story here?"

            He frowned. "You mean Troy Story."

            "Uh yeah," I said. He was definitely a guy I didn't want to mess with.

            He studied me for a few seconds before turning his head and shouted," Troy, there's someone at the door for you."

            Turning his head back at me, he continued looking at me with his eyes narrowed. I smiled awkwardly at him and placed my hands at the side. Maybe it was just me, but I swear he was looking at my posture.

            Footsteps were heard and Troy appeared behind the man. My eyes widened at what I was seeing. He was half naked only wearing jeans and his blue eyes were in full view for he didn't wear his usual nerdy glasses. I hadn't noticed that he had muscles, but without his shirt on I could see the perfect outline of his muscly arm and his abs.

            "Cassie," he asked with confusion. "What are you doing here? How did you even get my address?"

            I pointed at my phone. “Devon. I called her and she gave me your address.”

            He crossed his arms over his bare chest. “What do you need?”

            The man, who I suspected was his father, backed away and was now reading the newspaper.

            "I—I need someone to talk to,” I said with uncertainly.

            "When a girl says that they want to talk, it's usually not a good thing," he said with humor.

            I rolled my eyes. "I'm not breaking up with you since we never even hug nevertheless dated," I said. "And I'm not pregnant."

            His father looked up from the newspaper when he heard the word pregnant. “She meant potato,” Toy Story quickly said as his dad eyed us. He quickly grabbed my arms and pulled me upstairs.

            I glared at him. “Potato,” I said incredulously elbowing him on the ribs. “I am a potato.”

            He let a nervous laugh. “Yeah parents don’t take it well when you say the p word,” he said and opened the door to his room. I followed him as he found a shirt from a shirt from one of the drawers and quickly threw it over his head. I grinned at the sight of the Beatle’s poster that covered almost each and every corner of the room.

            “Big fan of Beatles, huh,” I said walking around his room.

            He shrugged. “Guess so,” he said weakly and pushed me a chair. “So tell me again why you’re here?”