Chapter One

Chapter One

" You're insecure don't know what for, you're turning head when you Walk through the door , don't need make up, to cover up, being the Way that you are is enough,

Everyone else in the room Can see it, everyone else but you,

Baby you light up my world like nobody else the Way that you flip your hair gets Me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it aint Hard to Tell,

You don't know ,oh oh, you don't know your beautiful "

That's all it took for Me to wake up in the morning. By the way I'm Sarah, Sarah Mathews. I'm just an ordinary 14 year Old girl, maybe a little bit of a study geek but I've got lots of friends.

Today is saturday, YES ! But I still have to get up early because My uncle Herman is having a birthday celebration. So I got up, unwillingly, and started my computer. Then I went to the bathroom to put on my make-up and put up my hair in a high ponytail. Just a normal Day like any other.

I ate breakfast with my mom and dad and had a pleasant talk, just like normal. Then I got dressed and sat down to check my Twitter on the computer and I saw that it Said BREAKING NEWS and I almostclicked it but my mom told Me that we needed to go so I turned off my computer and grabbed my cell. Oh how I would regret not clicking the Link.

The 15 minute drive to my uncle's house went by really quick, we sang songs and told jokes and everything that you see a perfect family Do in the movies, since I was the only Child I was pretty spoiled. I had my own computer, an iPhone 4s and the newest and best 3d TV in my room and I had two 3ds', and every gaming station you could name.

Then we got to my uncle's Old yellow two-story house, and I hesitated before going in after my parents. I never liked being over there much, it always smelled like smoke and rubber.

I Walked into the warm kitchen and saw my uncle's wife Amanda smoking by the stove under the fan. My mom took a seat by the kitchen table like usual, and dad went in to the livingroom to visit his brother and his dad. I heard dad say hello to his family and then some more mumbling coming from the livingroom but I didn't pay any more attention to that. My mom and Amanda started talking about all sorts of things so I just sat down by mom and texted my friends but I didn't get a response, from any of them.

" of course no one's social.." I muttered to myself.

Then suddenly my grandpa left. And then uncle Herman told Amanda to get my cousins cause they were leaving, I didn't have time to react before dad grabbed my arm and told my mom that we needed to hurry and get out of there. I could Tell by the tone in his voice that he was 100% serious, and so could mom.

We followed him to the Car and I sat down in the backseat, mom in the front passenger seat and dad went to say goodby to uncle Herman. But when he usually just would've hugged him quickly and Said ' bye bro ' he gripped him into a large Long hug. I could see a few tears start coming down his cheeks but he wiped them away before anyone else noticed. This was serious, what ever it was it was very serious.

He started walking back to the Car and then I saw Herman, Amanda and my cousins get in to their Car and drive away. Dad got into the Car and just looked zoned out, but I could see how scared he was in his eyes.

" We need to leave, now ! " dad Said in a tone I didn't understand it sounded worried and upset at the same time.

" Will we have time to get our stuff at home ? " my mom asked.

" No ! It's already hit Derville ! "