Chapter One

The day Olivia tried to kill herself was beautiful. I'd had my French GCSE exam, and afterwards I'd gone to the park for a while, to sit in the sun and mess around with a few of the girls I was friends with back then. 

I got home around four, and was glad to see neither of my parents cars in the driveway. Unless my older sister Olivia was home, I had the place to myself. I pulled my keys out, unlocked the door, and slammed it behind me. I made my way to the kitchen, starving hungry and ready to gorge myself on as much chocolate as I could find. On the kitchen island was three envelopes, each one addressed to either me, my mother, or my father, in Olivia's elegant handwriting. 

I picked mine up, expecting to see that she had decided to return to uni early, and couldn't be bothered to say goodbye. I ripped open my envelope quickly, exasperated. I remember my nail caught the letter inside, slightly tearing it. I scanned it quickly, not expecting what I saw. The next few moments seemed to pass in slow motion, as the letter slid from my hand to the kitchen floor, hitting the tiles with brushing sound. I heard the hands of the kitchen clock slowly ticking. I didn't move. 

Suddenly, I was in motion, running up the stairs, screaming Olivia's name. She never answered, but I knew she was here somewhere. I swung open the door of every room I passed, flicking on the light and scanning it for any trace of my sister. It wasn't until I reached the bathroom that i found her.

The first thing I registered was her face. She looked asleep, and internally, I sighed. Mum was always ranting about not falling asleep in the bath. It was dangerous, she said. You could drown, she said. I don't think Olivia was too bothered about that.  My eyes slid down, and I noticed how red the bathwater was. I never screamed.

I was still in shock when the deep gashes on my sisters wrists registered. I found myself noticing little things, like how my sister was lying in a bathtub of red water, fully clothed in her favourite white eyelet summer dress. How her one of her wrists, draped over the edge of the tub, was dripping a mixture of blood and water onto the bathroom floor. I wondered how angry our mother would be, when she noticed the mess. She was as house proud as a woman could be.

Then it hit me. A horrific, blood curdling scream, punctuated with small, hysteric sobs. It seemed to go on forever before I realised the sound was coming from me. 

"Olivia? Olivia!" I shook her, causing the now freezing cold bathwater to splash up the walls, and my arms, leaving faint red streaks of my sisters blood in its wake.

I don't remember much of what followed. How I rang 999 for an ambulance, and then each of my respective parents at their work. It was all a blur, and one I didn't care to commit to memory.

That was four months ago now. 

Olivia survived her attempt at suicide.

I was forgotten about.

Pushed aside to make room for the mentally fragile, older sister with an attention seeking nature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so thats the first chapter. Only a short one, because I wanted to set up some background before we really get to know Delilah. I know its kind of a depressing one too, but it'll get better.

Comment, Fan, all that shizzle?

Next chapter up ASAP.

''Kim <3