Chapter Three

*May's POV*

"Greg...you still here?" I asked loudly as soon as I had stepped into my apartment. There he was, sitting in our living room in one of the soft couches. He met my relieved stare with a forced half smile.

"I was going to leave you, y'know. I was going to pack my things and get far away from you as possible." he said.

"Then why are you still here?" I asked harshly. My night certainly didn't put me in the best mood. Damn Daniel kept glancing at me; it made me want to punch him in his lazy mouth.

"To say goodbye."

"Goodbye?" I echoed.

Greg sighed as he rose up from the couch and walked over to me. My thoat tightened uncomfortably. Here we go, another relationship ruined by Daniel Asshole Blake.

"I know how much this job means to you, honestly I do. But May, I just can't handle the lone dinners, of waiting for you to come home. I'm just so sick of waiting for you."

"I get it Greg, you're angry and you're tired and you're alone," I said brokenly. "But I can't leave my job and happily walk off with you."

"There's really nothing left to say, is there?" he asked with a sad smile.

I shook my head and blinked my watery eyes a few times and cleared my tight throat. "Goodbye Greg." I said in my normal tone; I had to stay strong. Because any distraction would mean the end of my career.

"Goodbye May." and with that, he left my apartment. As soon as I heard the door close after him I sank down into one of the couches and let out a few sobs. I really liked Greg, I actually thought he could be someone I could fall in love with.

Thank you, Daniel Blake. For taking another thing away from me.

I glanced around the apartment, eyes skimming over the missing things that were Greg's. I loved the painting of Brushetta, the brunette woman stabbing a blue apple that bled yellow.

Gone were the painting I hung on the walls, and gone was the painter.

*Next Day*

"Mornin' May." Mr Blake cheerfully greeted me. Biting down on my cheek I said "Good morning Mr Blake."

"You don't sound too pleased today, what's wrong?" he asked seriously.

Wait...what?

I could only stare at him in shock. Never before had he even cared to say anything even close to that. "Oh, I'm fine." You nutbag.

"You sure?" he proded.

"I'm fine." I said again, a little angrily.

"Well if you're sure," he threw me a doubtful look. "then you can get the Dunder Blitzen photo shoot to me before three. Think you can handle that?"

"Here you go." I passed him the Dunder Blitzen shots inside a creme folder. He looked at me with an impressed smile.

"Then get me a cappucino. Then I want you to talk with Cher's reps and schedule a photo shoot for her that works around her work schedule." he did that hand flick that signaled me to get right on it. He pulled out his blackberry and began taping away.

Pulling my lips back and make a low snarl as I walked ot of his office, I made my way elavator and pressed down on level one. Some cheesy music started playing, going a bit like 'a door doot dodo toot'.

The elevator made a 'Ping!' and I walked out of the building. It was slightly raining, just some light drops and I didn't really mind much. I walked to the nearest Gloria Jeans and orded a tim tam iced chocolate and a cappucino.

"Thanks," I said to the blonde cashier as she handed me the beverages. I held the cardboard cup holder as I quickly walked out of the packed cafe and into a good bakery I liked to go to. I ordered cinnamon doughnuts, chocolate covered profiteroles, a shephard's pie and some cheese sticks.

Damn, I was hungry as i was angry.

"Ah, May. You took your time." Daniel nodded once as I handed him his cappucino. I thought of chewing on a cheese stick and I slightly calmed.

Leaving his office without saying a word, I made my way to my office and picked up the phone. I dialed Cher's agent and he answered the phone on the third ring.

"Hallo?"

"Hi, this is May Saunders from Blake Photography."

"Oh right, I talked earlier with Mr Blake. I'm Micheal Chesney."

"Right, so when can we have Cher for the photoshoot?"

"Friday February 3rd, from one pm till three."

"Alright, I'll pencil you in."

"Oh and there's something you should know about Cher."

"Okay, go."

"Cher won't wear anything gold or pink. Nothing made by child labour and no real animal furs. No cigarette shots, no drinking alcohol. We don't want Cher displayed as some buttercup tart."

"Finally, a real girl to work with."

Mr Chesney laughed and said goodbye.

I wrote down Cher's requirements and her shoot date. Next I called Mr Blake's number and waited until the lazy ass would pick up.

"Yes, May?"

"They want friday February 3rd to be Cher's shoot date, from one to three pm."

"Good, we've got a free time slot during then."

"She's also got a few good demands."

"Have the wardrobe department design some outfits that work around her demands. Now I want her photo shoot themed Autumn, so you're going to find a good booking spot."

"Alright, I'll get right on it."

"And May?"

"Yes, Mr Blake?"

"This photo shoot is going to depend on how well you work it. Think of it as a possible pay raise if you perform well." He hung up before I could get a chance to say anything.

Atleasst I now had a project to keep me from thinking about Greg.