Chapter 21 Rose

We decided as it as getting dark, to set up camp in a clearing, it didn't seem that we were far from my brother or so it seemed. But it felt as if whenever we made another move, he was moving further away.

" Lucy are you awake?" I heard Susan whisper to Lucy, next to me. Lucy seemed to anwer with a mumble. I was still turned over in the other direction, pretending I was asleep. Of course, I couldn't sleep..

Over the whole day, I nearly got drowned, I met the Kings and Queens of old, and I had the most awkward moment of my life. When Edmund grabbed  my waist with his strong hands...I should thank him later....

" Why didn't you think I saw Aslan?" Susan whispered again, I felt her turn onto her elbow.

"You believe me?" Lucy said surprised and confused.

" Well you got us across the gorge!" Susan said, not believing herself for believing as it sounded.

" Well, I don't know..." Lucy said, her voice getting quieter, trying to contain her excitement that Susan believed her.

" Maybe you didn't want to..." Lucy said sweetly.

"You always knew we would be coming back here, didn't you?"

" I hoped so..."

"I finally just got used to the idea of being in England!"

"But your happy to be here, aren't you~?"

" While it lasts"

You could feel the tension between them, and I even felt it!

My eyes drifted off and I was immediately asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up, but did not get up. I thought I was the first awake, but then I heard a rustle...but then I came to my senses tht it might be an intruder, I rolled over to see Lucy whispering to Susan;

" Susan- Wake up!"

" hummm" Susa groaned and rolled over.

I quickly lay back down before Lucy saw me and hear her walk off.

I quickly rolled over to follow her, just incase- I wasn't spying...but these woods can be dangerous. 

Suddenly, Peter was now next to me, but he told me to be quiet, obviously tying to play a joke on Lucy.

" Aslan?" Lucy whispered, but Peter grabbed her so she could speak no more, as we saw some sort of creature walk by, he had swords and axes on his back.

Peter unsheathed his sword and was about to hit the creature, when a familiar person blocked him. It was Caspian! The weight on my heart lifted and I felt happier than I was.

I don't think I could stop it, it was getting quite deadly, until peter nearly stabbed him and I knew I had to take action.

" No! Stop!" I screamed causing, Peter and Caspian to turn around. As I watched the Narnians gather around..

Caspian mouth turned up into a smile.

" Rose!" He yelled as I ran towards him as he lifted me into a hug!

" Prince Caspian?" Peter asked.

" Yes? And who are you?" Caspian said in spite which was not like him at all.

" Peter!" Susan shouted from where we had just come from.

I realised that Caspian had Peters famous sword and as he looked down he  looked like her regretted the past 5 minutes (except getting me back, because i'm special)

" High king peter?" Caspian said a little taken aback.

"I believe you called" Peter smirked, turning to Susan and Edmund who still had a worrying expression when looking at my brother.

"Well yes, but I thought you be older.." Caspian said. Yes...he did have a point...in the stories they were quite old and reigned for at least 20 years.

"Well if you like we can always come back in a few years..." Peter smirked bigger as he turned away.

"No! its alright , its just your not exactly what I expected" Caspian said, looking quickly as Susan, who when had a glance at him, she smiled just a bit. I was tempted to say something, but Edmund said something before I did.

"neither are you" Edmund said, looking at me and him.

"A common enemy reunites even the oldest foes....and siblings" A badger said in the corner....but that surprise was nothing...

"We anxiously awaited your return my liege, Our hearts and swords are at your service!" A mouse, scuttled at Peter's feet.

"He's so cute" Lucy whispered to me.

"Who said that?" The mouse's voice was louder than expected.

"Sorry" Lucy said, her cheeks flaming.

"Oh! Err your Majesty! With the greatest respect! I do believe courageous or courteous or chivalrous, might fit a knight of Narnia!" He bowed, respectfully.

" Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade!" Peter mocked Caspian.

" Yes indeed! And I have recently put it to use, securing your army sire!" The mouse said, putting his mini needle of a sword into his belt.

" Good! Because we are going to need every sword we can get!" Peter then said towards Caspian.

" Well, then, you will probably be wanting yours back!" Caspian's eyes (as I could see) showed a little bit of spite and envy.

" whoa guys what's with the glaring it's giving me the creeps" I said as I walked off following the Narnians as they did the same.