Chapter 20: Another Pool Scene

Hey guys so this is the last chapter for this book. This is actually my favorite story that I have written so far. I really do hope you enjoyed this book. And thank you for reading it and the votes everyone!!

~Tanesha~

Christian Storm POV

As I walked through the precinct doors I knew what I was going to do but I wasn't so sure how the chief would react to it. I do hope he accepts my decision in leaving, at least for a little while. As usually all the women stare at me with wide lustful eyes and as usual I ignored them. Honestly the eyes didn't bother me as much anymore and I know that it had everything to do with Ryker. I remember always hating the what I am and always using people just to live but now I can feed off of Ryker and it gives me the highest high I've ever felt. I stopped in front of the Chief's office and knocked on the door. My heart was beating fast as I waited for the welcome in. "Come in." I pushed open the door and saw that Dante was in the office as well. I gave him a nod. "What is Chris."

"I was hoping to talk to you about something important." I wasn't sure I wanted Dante to hear this but he would have to sooner or later.

"What about?"

I cleared my throat, "About me taking a leave of absence."

He gave me a confused look, "A leave of absence? What for?"

My jaw clenched, I really didn't want to have to give out my sob story about the case being too much, "It's personal."

"We need you here Storm."

"Promote Ryker, he's good at what he does..." I patted Dante on the back, "And Finn here can train him to be somewhat as good as me."

Dante shrugged me off, "Hell if I train him, he'll be twice as good as you thought you were."

I laughed, "In his dreams."

Dante chuckled, "It got to you didn't it."

My laughter died down and I gave a curt nod, "Look all that matters is that I need some time off."

The Chief spoke up, "How long?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, but it's not permanent."

He sat down in his chair, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, "I will be back, and better then Dante." D gave me a quick shove. "But I do need this and I know it's short notice but trust me Ryker is good, he just a needs some training."

The Chief was in thought for a little while but ultimately nodded in agreement, "Alright, but I want you back her in three months. Got it."

I nodded at his order, he got up and we shook hands, "I will be back sure."

He nodded and sat down again, "Is that all?"

"Yes Sir."

"Then both of you out of my office, I've got things I've gotta finish before the day is out."

We both nodded and walked out. Dante was first to speak, "So you're leaving huh?"

"Just for a bit. I think it's best."

"I was thinking about doing the same, but this is all I know how to do."

"Yeah, you belong here. Hey come one we've got a dinner to go to."

4 Hours later............

Finally all the bags were in the house a put away into separate drawers and into the closet. I laid on the bed thinking about what I had just done. I wasn't going to work tomorrow. What am I gonna do with all my free time? What am I gonna do when Ryker goes to work? Damn I really should have thought about what I would be doing once I took my leave. I got up out of the be and went in search of Ryker. He couldn't had gone far.