"There is nothing wrong with their friendship" I defended.

"Oh! Wouldn't it be amazing if they started dating when they got older?" Emma asked her eyes wide with the possibility.

Tom glared at her. "Would you stop talking about my five year old daughter dating? You'll give me a heart attack."

Emma waved a hand over at him as if he was being over sensitive-which he was.

"Oh please, they are just like-" I cut myself off before I finished the end of that sentence. They are just like Will and I when we were young. But clearly by the way Tom looked at me he had already interpreted the end of my sentence. Probably so had Emma.

I backed away slowly, still gazing into his hard eyes. "I'm going to read. Your watching over the kids. Come back soon Em" I through a fleeting smile in her direction before quickly walking out of the kitchen and clambered my way up the stairs; heading towards our bed room.

Our bedroom is probably my favorite part of our house. It has double wooden doors that lead in to beautiful hardwood floors. The room itself is almost twice the size of our old one, not including the master bathroom. We have a tall comfortable queen size bed pushed up to the far left wall. Three sets of windows line the opposite wall from the doors. Two fancy white couture couches rest in front of the bed with a glass table lying between them. The wall across from the bed has a massive mirror that, when wanted, by the flip of a switch will be replaced by a flat screen television...

I carelessly flipped onto the bed and took a bite of the apple before reaching for my book and opening it from the spot I had left off of. I didn't know how I felt about Lily and Bryce being like Will and I when we were young. I mean, when I was younger and Will and I were best friends it was great, prefect even, but what it had eventually turned out to be...I never want for Lily; to have to go through physical and emotional bruises as I had. But then again who is to say that Bryce is anything like Will? Then again, who is to say that he's not?

It felt like only a few minutes had passed before the double doors opened and in came running Lily, Tom following after her.

"Lucy just came and picked up Bryce" Tom stated, as Lily tried and tried to climb up on to the bed that was much too tall for her. Tom laughed at her struggle and lifted her up onto the bed.

She jumped up and down for a moment before she fell to her bottom and looked up at me with shinning grey eyes filled with excitement. "We are going swimming!" She announced happily.

I looked up at Tom who was staring down at Lily with a smile on his face. Then out the windows that showed and ominous looking sky."Are you now? In the middle of October?" I asked skeptically.

Tom rolled his eyes down at me, "I am going to turn the heater on." Oh. Right forgot our pool had a heater.

I licked my lips and turned back to Lily, "Well that should be fun."

"Uh huh" She nodded, "Will you come with us?" She asked batting her long eye lashes up at me.

"Uh..." I stared transfixed at her adorable eyes, before answering, "Sure, but we need to do your medicine first"

She clapped with both of her hands before Tom picked her up and set her back on the floor. "Go get ready Koala, we will be out in a minute"

"Okay Daddy" She called as she skipped out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"Well she seems excited" I said slowly closing my book as Tom walked into the bathroom, fishing through the drawers for swim trunks.

"Mhmm" He answered, occupied. I through my legs over the bed and watched him as he ran his hands through various items of clothing. My eyes flickered to the way his shirt slowly rose, showing his pale abdomen. My heart jumped into my throat as I noticed a white patch of gauze on his right hip.