Chapter 1 *Book 1*

Start from the beginning

"Morning sweetie. Boys not up yet?"

"Nope I figured because we are going shopping for our school supplies I'd let them sleep a little longer this morning."

I chatted with Mum for a few minutes. When the clock struck six thirty Mum looked up at the clock and said "Haylie will you be a dear and get the boys up?"

I nodded eagerly. This was one of the best parts of my morning. I ran up the stairs and quietly woke Ginny up. I told her to be quiet as we walked to the room I shared with the twins. Ginny took the bottom bunk and I took the top bunk. We both had air horns and would let them sound on my mark. I held up my fingers for Ginny to see 3......2......1. We pressed the buttons down and the horn sounded two times as loud as one thanks to me and Ginny both having one. Fred and George jumped startled. I jumped down from the top bunk and grabbed Ginny's hand pulling her out of the room and down the stairs us giggling the whole time. Fred and George were chasing us like usual and were not laughing yet but they would be at breakfast.

That was one of the best ways to start the day. Wake up your best friends/brothers in a different way each morning. Mum had gotten use to me waking up the house with different pranks. It became a habit to include Ginny in my plots now because she could now enjoy them as much as I did. We reached the kitchen (our safe house) and took a seat at the table. "An air horn huh?" Dad asked amused that I had used a muggle object.

"Two air horns." I said grinning

"Yeah two...." George started

"....Bloody air horns." Fred finished.

Ron walked in looking annoyed. "An air horn really?"

"Yep!" Ginny and I burst into a fit of laughter.

Percy walked into the kitchen dressed and showered already. "What was it this morning?" He asked amused.

"Two bloody air horns." The twins and Ron said at the same time in annoyed voices.

Percy gave Ginny and I high fives and sat down in his usual place at the table. Mum waved her wand and the plates flew to the spots on the table.

Five minutes into breakfast there was a loud screeching from the open window. "That must be Erl with the Post." Mum said looking up. It was Erl and he had our school supply lists. Fred, George, and My letters were now added to the stack of letters.

 I glanced at Fred who was grinning at me and then at George who was looking lovingly at the letters. "Not until breakfast is over." Mum told us catching our looks.

Ron mumbled something about not being able to go still and finished his breakfast without a word. Ginny was excited she  was chattering on and on about how lucky we were to finally be old enough to go to Hogwarts.

Breakfast passed without too much incident. Well ok there was the jam that kept changing flavors (complements of one of Percy's stolen potions.) And there was Ron's toast who grew legs and ran off the table (Thanks to one of Charlie's forgotten potions). But other than that breakfast was surprisingly quiet.

After breakfast we used floo powder to travel to Diagonally to get My and the twin's wands and everyone else's school supplies. Mum dropped us off at Alovander's  and told us to meet up with them when we were done.

The bell on the door rang and Mr. Alovander rolled out from the back on a rolling ladder. "Two Weasley's huh?" He asked grabbing two wands off the shelf and placing them in front of the twins who gave them a wave. Two vases shattered then the boys switched and nothing exploded. "A Potter huh?" The old man asked looking at me and grabbing a few wands from the shelf. None of the wands worked and all of them made Fred and George laugh making me wish that the next wand I tried blow the twins sky high. I tried the last wand didn't make them explode (much to my disappointment) or anything explode for that matter. The lights flickered out and a light came out of the tip of the wand as though I were casting the light spell, lumos. "How odd." Alovander said

"Whats...."  Fred started

"....Odd?" George finished

"Its odd that this wand would choose her because its twin brother was the one that almost cost her her life." Alovander said obviously annoyed that the twins were finishing each others sentences.

"Oh." All three of us said in unison. I was nervous that a flashback would accompany the knowledge. The twins obviously had the same idea for they came in closer to me in case of a big flashback. I had only had a big flashback once when I walked into a conversation about my past. The whole story over took me so fast I fell to the floor screaming and crying. I had blacked out minutes after and woken up not remembering what I had seen but remembering that it was terrifying. My family had been careful every time I was out in public or even at home to make sure I didn't hear about my past and if I did make sure I wasn't alone when the flashback hit.

We purchased the wands after the twins were sure no flashback would come. We walked out the door to find Mum, Dad, Ron and Ginny waiting with surprises for all of us. Our birthdays had been a few days ago and our parents had promised late presents that I had almost completely forgotten about. Fred had gotten a new prank he was sure to test out on some Hogwarts student. George had gotten a new joke potion set (even though they were lame and the twins promised to make better ones some day). I was given a package in a dome shape. It was an owl. I was so happy to see the little creature I could have screamed. The owl was a white owl that had black tipped wings. I named it flash because of a flashback I got him. Flash was small but he was fast as I saw when we went home.

We got home late. I went to bed without eating with the twins arguing over how they would designed their own pranks at school. I dreamed that I was back home with my real parents. It was my third birthday and I had just gotten a stuffed owl that looked exactly like Flash. Mom looked at me and said "Bring it here honey."

I toddled over and handed her the owl. "Do you want it to fly?" She asked me

I nodded and my Mother muttered a spell and the owl flew around me when I told it to fly. I jumped up and down with excitement. Then the dream was replaced by my parents being killed. I woke up to someone shaking me and my cheeks wet with tears.

"Haylie are you ok?" It was Fred. He was the only one awake other than me.

I pulled Fred into a hug and cried some. He stroked my hair and whispered in my ear that everything was going to be ok. I knew he was right but I was still scared of the dream. I hated flashbacks and was dead scared that one would over take me in class or something. Fred and George assured me that they wouldn't let anything like that happen but they and I both knew the flashbacks came when they wanted. I would never be just Haylie Potter. I would always be Haylie Potter the girl who lived or Haylie the weirdo who has "Mental issues." I would never be just Haylie and I knew it.