One in a million

Soz that I hadn't written anything. I had to dash but I'm putting it in now. I wrote most of it in an hour no editing.

It's a work in progress.

Oh yeah and it's set in my, oh so wonderful home country AUSTRALIA!!!! Wooo! Just so no one’s confused.

For pictures go to my blog! I can't get em online. 

http://ticktockl.blogspot.com.au/  

The first time Taylor met Zoey he was in the Westfield’s girl’s bathroom. It wasn't really his fault he was there but Taylor had needed a place to hide and the female bathroom was the only place he could think of. Of course it didn't help that he was hiding from his mother. However he thought it unlikely that she would come in here looking for him. He'd presumed the bathroom to be empty but he hadn't checked the last cubicle and froze when he heard the flush. A girl about 14, his age, with golden brown hair and a Paul Frank t-shirt came out and started toward the basin. She hadn't noticed Taylor until she turned around to dry her hands on a paper towel and she'd jumped about half a metre off the ground. She'd narrowed her eyes in suspicion but clearly decided he wasn't in here as a peeping Tom, he obviously was as surprised to see her as she was to see him. He'd thought the bathroom was empty.

She started laughing. While she was occupied with her laughter Taylor took the time to look her over properly. Her golden brown hair was wavy and down to her just above her shoulders. She'd clipped it to the side with an intricate flower clip. She was wearing a purple Paul Frank t-shirt with "whatever" written across the front in red. Khaki shorts and a red cardie completed the outfit along with flower print ballet flats with straps across. A white bag slung across her shoulder patterned with skulls that had stars for eyes. It slipped from her shoulder as she laughed and hit the ground with a loud thud. Tyler stared wondering what could be in the bag. The girl caught him staring.

"What?" 

Tyler had been caught. "Books?" he nodded at her bag. 

"What’s it to you? What's your name?" 

"Tyler," he stuck out his hand. 

"Zoey, with a y." 

She didn't take the hand. "Yeah they're books. Not necessarily ones to read but they're books. What are you doing in here?" 

"My mum. She likes to clothes shop and drags me along for my opinion. When I get snarky cos I'm bored I lose TV privileges." 

At this Zoey started to laugh again. I was starting to wonder why no one had come in to the bathroom. Surely if not to take a leak, to investigate Zoey's laughing. Zoey saw him glancing nervously at the door. 

"A closed for cleaning sign just happened to make its way to the entrance of the ladies bathroom while the cleaner wasn't looking," 

"What's the joke?" 

"Excuse me?" 

"Just now. What was so funny?" 

"Oh," she snickered, "TV privileges. In our house it's all my parents can do to keep my nose out of any kind of book whether it be a note book, sketch pad or novel," 

As Taylor took this in he realised he'd seen the girl before. Shoes and Sox. His sister had needed shoes and he'd seen her there. She'd been drawing or writing, something like that. Taylor had kept watching her, stalker like, as she went around Westfield, his excuse being he was looking for school shoes. It was hard work as the Bondi Junction centre had 5 or 6 levels but he'd browsed and kept an eye on where she went. He knew it was kind of creepy but he was intrigued by her. Taylor lost sight of her when she went into 'Riot' art and craft store and his mum had texted wondering where he was. She needed him in David Jones, she was buying work clothes. Taylor told her he'd meet her at the food court in 5 and made his way upstairs. 

Two hours and lots of baby food later his mum wanted to trek two levels down to a clothes store to get one last look at a top she might buy. Taylor took his escape while she was strapping in Jemima. The first Thing he saw was the sign for the ladies restroom. Taylor couldn't admit that he'd seen Zoey before, it'd mean an awkward explanation of why he was following her around Westfield, but he couldn't help wonder if fate was real. If it was it was playing a cruel trick. Taylor couldn't very well ask for Zoey's number and if she left the bathroom he'd probably never see her again.

"So you don't watch TV?" he asks.  

"Course I do! How else would I get my weekly doctor who fix?" 

Zoey caught sight of Taylor's face.  

"What?!" she said defensively, “it's a good show! Though I have to admit it's getting cheesier. I hope the new companion is good. Amy was a bit dipsy. Stop looking at me like that!" 

Taylor had an expression of utter disbelief on his face.  

"Sorry. Just aren't girls supposed to like glee and friends and Young talent time? Stuff like that," 

"Gah! I can't stick YTT. I like glee and friends is ok. But doctor who is definitely my favourite. I also like scrubs and talking about your generation. Offspring is good too," 

"I don't like to admit it but I like offspring and glee," 

This time Zoey was the one looking Taylor up and down but she radiated such confidence that she didn't need to hide it. He was wearing a cat Stevens T-shirt and faded denim shorts with light grey converse. Zoey had an amused expression on her face. She started circling him.  

"I'm seriously liking your taste. Cat Stevens is amazing. Offspring and glee, not bad!"  

Taylor felt as if he were standing in front of a judges table in court rather than a slightly abnormal teenage girl.  

"Um, thanks,"  

"You supersede the expectations of normal adolescents of your gender...and the maturity of them as well. They're generally egotistic, sexist, attention seeking noise makers but hey, everybody's got a thing,"  

Taylor smiled. Zoey was witty. He had to give her that. A really weird noise started coming from Zoey's bag and Taylor was pretty sure it was a doctor who thing.  

"Sorry," she mumbled, "tardis! Geez I can never find my phone when I want to!"  

When she finally did find it, Taylor could see why she hadn't been able to find it. It was a little blank flip phone half the size of his palm. It was old and covered in homemade stickers and oddly, sketches. There were multiple scratches on the screen and a dent on the back. It wasn't a smartphone or even a good phone. The tardis had been a text. Zoey caught him staring at her phone.  

"I really hate my phone. So I chucked it from a first story building. Sadly it is alive and well and simply will not die. Hence the graffiti and sketch stickers,"  

"It's cute," Taylor seized the moment, "Zoey do you believe in fate?" 

"yup, why?"  

"damn,"  

Zoey just had time to look confused before Taylor grabbed the phone and sent a text message to his own number. There was a small ping, not unlike when you receive an email, telling him he'd got it.  

"I don't believe in fate being nice," he told her and handed back the phone. Zoey smirked.  

"smart. Not putting your number in, cos I would've deleted it. Why don't you believe that we'll meet again without the help of technology?" she waggled her phone at him.  

"Good luck doesn't run in the family. I don't rely on chance,"  

"Well I'll ignore your texts until we meet again by complete and utter chance. Deal?"  

"Fine. Deal"

Tell me what you think of Zoey (the pictures). Is she right?  Or pick someone else.