Girl of Noir

It was a dark night.  The moon and the stars where hidden by the clouds making it much darker, and the cooler.  I deiced to walk down to my friends bar.  It was a nice, quiet and an exalt place to think.  It was small and not many people go there because of that fact.  So I garbed my nine millimeter and walked out the door of my apartment.

I’d be a fool not taking my pistol, the streets are dangerous enough daring the day and at night the danger only doubled.  Theres lots of crime in the city and the cops don’t seem to do shit about it.  Break ins, theft, hijacking, and murder seem to happen on a daily bases.  Rape even seems to find it’s way into the news every now and then,  drug deals, gang fights, prostitution the stories are all on the news twenty-four hours seven days a week.  This city is filled with scum.

I started walking down the streets at a slow pace.  I wasn’t in any hurry to get to the bar.  It closed late any way and it was only nine o’clock at night.  I had a car but I find it easier to get around on foot.  Pulse I always enjoyed the coolness of the night on my face.

I walked by the window of a closed shop and saw my reflection in it.  I stopped to look for a moment witch isn’t something I do often. I looked twenty witch is about five years younger than really am.  My hat hid most of my brown hair and blue eyes.  As I walked it stared to rain, and it felt great against my skin.  I fixed my tie and continued my nightly stroll to the bar.

I was half way there when I heard a gun shot and a woman scream. I drew my pistol.  Thats when I saw her running towards me screaming for help.  She was small but beautiful, she was everything I found attractive in a woman, black hair, pale blue eyes, and pale skin.  She wore a ripped black blouse and she wasn’t wearing anything but her underwear form the wast down.

I stopped her. “Please help me.  Help me.”,She pleated with me.  

“Calm down.  It’s okay.  Now, what going on?”,I asked although I knew the answer the moment I saw her.  She seemed to be crying but I couldn’t tell if those where tears or rain drops on her face.

“They took me in the alley and started ripping my close off.  Please.”,She said in a panic.  I saw three guys running towards us yelling and kissing at the girl.  She hid her face in my chest and I tried coffering her as I pointed the pistol at the center man.

The three guys stopped in front of me.  The middle guy, the one I had my pistol pointed at was holding a gun.  “Now I’m only going to ask you three gentlemen this once.  Which one of you has this poor little girl’s closes?”  The man on my left reached into his pocket.  I pointed my 9 millimeter at him and he froze.

I looked what he pulled out of his pocket and it was a badly ripped skirt.  “Hand it to the girl.”, I command and he did so.  “Now, you have to the count of three before I fill your skulls full of lead.”  They looked at me for a moment.  “One.”,I started counting, they just stud there looking at me with confused faces.  “Two.”,I said tightening my grip on the trigger.  The man holding the gun pointed it at me and pulled the hammer back.  I look at him for a moment...“Three!”, I took my shot before he had a chase to take his. The other two guys jumped at me and the girl.  Hit both of them with the handle of my pistole then shot both of them before they attacked again.

The girl was holding me with a death grip.  “It’s alright.”,I said softly.  “Thank you.”,She sniffed.  There was a long silents as the rain fell on us.  Finally she spoke,“I should go now.  Thank you again, sir.”  “Where are you going?  I’ll walk you.”,I offered not wanting something like this happening again to her.  “No thats all right.”  “Are you sure?  I’d feel much better if I did.”,I smiles politely in hopes that it would show I wanted to make sure she got home safe.  “Thank you, but I’ll be okay.”,She said shyly like she had everything previously.