Chap. 18

"What is this?" I asked Connor, tossing a blueberry into the air and catching it in my mouth.

"Your own private show," Connor informed me.

"No offense, but I don't want to see you strip."

"Not that kind of show idiot."

I smirked at him as Jesse readied himself for the song.

"What's it about?" I asked, stretching my feet out to reach the coffee table.

Jesse and Connor exchanged smirks.

"Let me know if you can't figure it out after the first line," Connor said.

I nodded, eating another blueberry.

"Ready?" Connor asked Jesse.

Jesse nodded, and Connor pressed play on the track.

Guess there wasn't any instruments. Weird.

Jesse started singing as soon as the track started.

"Bromance."

I immediately busted out into laughter, unable to contain myself.

They did not seriously just write a song about their bromance.

"Bro-o-o-mance."

Jesse looked to Connor, and Connor started rapping, which he hasn't done since his song Puppet.

"It's like Eminem and Dr. Dre. If I loved you more I might be in gay. And when I'm feeling down you know just what to say. You my homie, yeah you know me. And if you ever need a wingman, I'd let any girl blow me... off. Cause your more important than the rest. I confess, I'm a mess if I'm not hanging with my BFF. You know it's true, you my male boo. Now sing the chorus with me if you're feeling the same way too."

At this point I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes.

Now Jesse sang, so I'm guessing that he sang the choruses and Connor rapped the verses.

"Bro-o-o-o-mance, nothing really gay about it. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. Whoa. Br-o-o-Ma-Mance , shouldn't be ashamed or hide it. I love you in the most heterosexual way."

I was doubled over at this point, tears streaming down my cheeks.

And I was pretty sure my blueberries were going to come back up.

Now Connor started rapping again.

"Hold me. To a promise that I'll be the kind of the friend that in the end will always keep you company. Because when the world gets tough, and times get hard, I will always love you, I'll be your bodyguard. Cause you're my bestie. And if you test me. I'll prove it time and time again, I got your back until the end. A brotha from anotha motha, never knew how much I loved ya till I started singing this song, huh?"

I couldn't breathe anymore, the laughs and tears wouldn't stop.

"Bro-o-o-o-mance, nothing really gay about it. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. Whoa. Br-o-o-Ma-Mance , shouldn't be ashamed or hide it. I love you in the most heterosexual way."

Connor sang this next part instead of rapping it.

"And now that I told you how I feel, hope you feel the same way too. BUT if you don't, this song was just a joke, ha-ah-ah. BUT if you do, I LOVE YOU."

I was on the floor now, clasping my stomach and gasping for air as I laughed.

"Bro-o-o-o-mance, nothing really gay about it. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. Whoa. Br-o-o-Ma-Mance , shouldn't be ashamed or hide it. I love you in the most heterosexual way."