Just Forget

Rin unwillingly cracked open an eye as the sunlight seeped through the opening in the curtain of her bedside window. She groaned out loud, unable to return to her dreamless sleep. After a few minutes of aimlessly rolling around, the shortie forced herself up into a sitting position.

If you could use two words to sum up how Rin felt right now, they would be absolute and crap.

And there was one single reason for this feeling. A stupid, puppet freak that needed to just go bald.

A twinge of pain pierced through Rin's chest as Sasori's emotionless voice echoed in her mind: He's a worthless piece of shit........ I'm only nice to him because I need to win the bet....

A bet huh?

Rin mentally beat herself up, gripping her hair as she rested her head down on top of her bent knees. How could I have been so stupid?! She thought angrily. Why the hell did I ever believe that Sasori was my actual friend?!

The shortie let out a pent up sigh as she fell backwards, hitting her head on the soft pillow below. She gently rested one of her hands on her stomach, and placed the other tightly on the left side of her chest. No matter what she did, the pain there refused to fade away.

She hated the feeling.

By now the teen had spent ten minutes staring up at the plain celling, replaying the day before, and cringing each time.

What the hell's wrong with me? She thought to herself. Usually she would be getting ready for school around this time.

But the shortie didn't want to go to school today. She didn't want to see him. For once she was actually afraid to see a person.

Rin rolled onto her side as she contemplated what to do. As she did this, her eyes flickered to an object sitting on the table. It's was a simple clay ball. As she stared at it, a recent memory flooded into her mind.

<><><><><><>

<The night before>

The stars shone dimly in the sky as the small explosion went off over the river. Only the sound of crackling sparks could be heard as they scattered down to the water's surface.

"Man...it's late, -un." A voice said as a large yawn interrupted the silence.

Rin turned towards the voice, staring at the blond in front of her. "But there's still one left." she said as she pulled out the final clay object.

Deidara slowly stood up, dusting off the grass from his pants. "Oh...you can keep that one." He replied with a small grin as he placed his hands behind his head.

Then the blond turned his face up, taking in the full view of the night sky. "Just uh....promise to show up tomorrow..."he mumbled quickly before he could talk himself out of saying it.

In his mind Deidara mentally face palmed himself. Really? Show up tomorrow? The bomber sarcastically thought. You sound like a cliche lover boy... The shortie's probably gonna think you're gay or something!

In truth, It didn't matter to Rin though, because the words actually made her happy. But before she could say anything, Deidara started rambling again.

"It's not like I care." He added as casually as possible. "Just that, you're gonna get suspended if you keep missing school, -un."

Then the bomber quickly turned to walk away before he could do anything else he would regret. But before he could walk out of sight a voice rang out.