CHAPTER 1: The Secrets of a Teenage Girl

She had a perfect hourglass figure, seemingly varnished dark skin, and an angelic voice. It was almost too fitting that her name was Beyoncé; and that was her real name too. Being the new girl, Heather quickly learned of the admiration and sometimes envy that surrounded “Bee” on a regular basis. She was the girl every girl in Grey Mountain High wanted to be, and if that didn't fuel Beyoncé’s ego, what did?

Heather boldly sat in the empty seat next to her and for a second couldn't stop staring at Beyoncé’s long curvy legs. 'I swear to God I don't know what Lily sees in you,' Beyoncé was saying without even glancing Heather's way, 'what is it with you two, anyway?'

'That's between me and her, Beyoncé,' Heather replied, trying to sound as cool and collected as Beyoncé did.

'I'm about to hand an ambassador's underage daughter a pass into an adult's club, I might as well know what I'm getting myself into.'

'Trust me, Bee, you'd rather not know.'

'Yeah, whatever,' she said, handing a thick gold-plated square to Heather, and then leaving the auditorium. Heather watched her go before turning her attention to the play rehearsals before her; Hamlet or something. As she stared at the VIP card in her hand, she lamented her decision to help Lily out. Still, even though this is what it took to get what she wanted, she would do it in a heartbeat.

As soon as darkness fell in the town of Bethany, Heather, as always, managed to sneak out of the Mexican embassy residence and make her way to Lilacc; perhaps the most teenage infested over twenty one club in the world. As became somewhat customary, she turned a multitude of heads, and she thrived in the attention, but was careful not to make anything of it. Of all the illegal things Heather did, soliciting with an adult wasn't something she was willing to add to her repertoire

'It's about time,' Lily said when Heather came over to one of the more secluded booths. The club was dimly lit, as all clubs are, and thanks to the dark colored lights, it was impossible to make out exactly what color dress Lily was in. all Heather noticed was that it was rather glittery and very short; it was probably meant to be a dress-top.

'I swear to God, Lily, if you are messing with me...' Heather began before she was cut short. 'Don't worry, Heather,' Lily was saying, 'I will get you in.'

'You better,' Heather replied, and for the first time Lily actually felt threatened by her.

'Whatever,' Lily said, trying to sound like she wasn't at all intimidated by her, 'just give me the stuff.'

The next few seconds were tense and felt almost silent, even though the music was blasting through the walls. Both sets of eyes were intensely locked on each other during that time, and not for the first time, Lily was dying to tell Heather how pretty her eyes were. Slowly, Heather reached into the alligator-skin purse and pulled out a small white box, which she handed to Lily. The latter didn't glance at it for more than a split second prior to stuffing it into a large white purse and walking away without another word.

Even though she was doing the exact same thing, Heather couldn't help but feel a little used. As she watched Lily's back disappear into the crowd, something heavy and warm landed abruptly onto her shoulder. 'Ma'am,' the soothingly deep voice came, 'may I see your ID?'

Heather froze, but also wanted to laugh. A bouncer had come for her and there were about a thousand other underage kids here? Then, it hit her that this wasn't a bouncer. That voice was too familiar and too awesome to be some random bouncer's. Now she did smile, and she turned around saying, 'You know you almost sounded convincing there?'

Dennis smiled back, revealing an almost perfect set of teeth, and Heather felt her soul melting. This here; Dennis Crawly, was the perfect example of her dream-man. He had everything she wanted: good looking, funny, charismatic, and on top of that, he was the most humble guy she had ever met. The only problem was that every other girl in school thought the exact thing Heather did about Dennis, and they wanted him as much as she did, if not more.