Chapter 1

-Chapter 1-

I left the house shortly after the incident with Haze, so he says. He'd saved my number into his phone, wished me a good day and walked out, as simple as that. However with him he took that same smirk that signed over my service for what I assume will be a while. He never gave a certain time that I would be his slave for but I could tell it was going to be a little longer than I hoped.

I hadn't bothered to wake the stranger beside me, there'd been no point in it. All he'd do would be wake up with a headache and a regret at the pit of his stomach. At least this way he was have the relief of waking up to no one beside him and having to explain that it was a onetime thing. I can handle being someone's slave but I can't handle rejection, even if it was partly my fault.

By the time I got home no one was there, my best guess was that mum and dad were at work and Gillian was with a friend somewhere, doing God knows what. Sometimes I even wonder what he's doing. He can't be at work, he doesn't have a job. Somehow he's older than me by 3 years and I'm the one with the job.

Speaking of work... I glance at the time and curse silently. I only have half an hour until I need to be at the library. Quickly I rush around the house, take a shower eat a bare piece of toast and speed back out to my car.

With a few minutes spare I make my way inside. Tillie sits inside at the front desk, book in hand. The bell overhead rings and she looks up, her piercing blue eyes looking at me from beneath her glasses resting at the edge of her petite nose.

"Snowy, due for work already?" She asks, placing her book on the desk, page down.

"Guess so," I say, "Anything need doing?"

"There's a new box of books in the back that need placing on the shelves that you can put away."

I nod and move off as she picks up her book.

I pull open the box and peer in. It's full of many books of various sizes and colours, the smell of musk hitting me in the face like a wave. Unpacking this could take all day. Sighing loudly I pull the box out into the library. A few people walking around glance at me but quickly go back to browsing the aisles.

Now, time to start the books.

~@~

Only when all the books are packed away and Tillie is long gone do I fish the keys from my pocket and lock up the library. When the glass doors clink shut and the metal plates slide into place I leave the library behind and get into the car waiting for me.

I turn the keys but the only sound that comes is silence. No no no don't do this to me, not now. Frustrated I hit the steering wheel as hard as I can. The horn breaks through the silence like a blade through peace.

"Damn it." I curse.

I push open the door and step out, kicking into the car tyre.

"What did the car do to you?" A sarcastic voice asks.

I nearly jump out of my skin and wish I had have when I remember the voice. "What are you doing here?" I ask Haze.

"I'm seeing what my slave is up to." He says, stepping away from the edge of the building, "Something wrong with that?"

I clench my teeth but don't say anything. He steps closer to me until he's less than a meter. With one move he takes my chin between his fingers. Without saying a word he moves my head from side to side, his eyes running down my face and body before he finally releases me, clicking his tongue.

"Nice car." He says. "Too bad it doesn't run without one of these." He reaches into his pocket, pulling out a small part that certainly belongs in the car. I go to snatch it back but before I even touch it he pulls it back and pushes it into his pocket. His trademark smirk forms on his face.