Chapter 3: Lord Voldemort

I stood there, frozen in fear, and heard the snake-like man say "Now I never did say what we were going to use her for, did I Bella?" His voice had an icy coldness to it.

"No, my Lord." she said, inclining her head in acknowledgement. "I just assumed - given the nature of our situation-"

"I know the nature of our current situation." he hissed, suddenly angry. He turned back to me and I shuddered as his gleaming red eyes found mine. He lifted a thin white finger and ran it down my cheek, leaving an icy trail where it had been. It was all I could do to not run, to keep from crying out. I stood my ground, willing myself to calm down and not freak out.

"I believe this one will be sufficient for my plans." he said to Bellatrix while still looking at me, a cold smile appearing on his face. "Now your, Leah Potter-" he spat out 'Potter' like it was a curse. "will find out what happens to those who do not heed Lord Voldemort's wishes. You will also discover what will happen if you do anything to hinder our plans. Bella, back!"

Bellatrix retreated to the wall respectfully, leaving me alone in the center of the room with the man. He, 'Lord Voldemort', stood facing me, an evil gleam in his eyes. I found my voice at last.

"What do you want with me?" I yelled, trying to sound braver than I felt.

"Only that you join our cause..." he said delicately. "CRUCIO!"

It felt like I was being burned from the inside out, hot daggers piercing my skin and causing me to fall to the floor, screaming and writing in pain. I was screaming for him to stop, to end it, but he just laughed a high, cold laugh. I knew there would be no one to hear my cries, my pleads for help. No one to rescue me. 

I could hear Bellatrix glorifying in my agony, laughing a cruel and sadistic laugh. Finally I gave into the pain, accepting darkness and silence.

~~~

At twelve Grimmauld Plave, in a guest bedroom with two beds set out and an empty portrait hanging on the wall, a boy named Harry Potter woke up with a start.

-----------------------------------------

12 Grimmauld Place

3rd Person POV

Harry Potter lay on his bed, breathing hard. The dream had seemed so real... he tried to wipe away the image of the girl writhing on the floor, her shining red hair spread around her, her green, almond-shaped eyes pleading for release, her screams still ringing in his ears. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the images, but it only succeeded in making his pounding headache worse. 

"Harry... what'r you doing up so early?" Ron Weasley asked, yawning tiredly. Harry looked at his watch in the faint light coming through the windows. The hands read six-thirty. He groaned softly.

"Just going to the bathroom Ron. Go back to sleep."