Story

Sadness, loss guilt. That's what I felt as I hid in the metal tunnel. I just couldn't believe what had happened. It all started when I met her.

Her name was Aurora, or Rora for short. She had just moved here from a city in America called Down Below. Anyway, I was so depressed that I didn't even notice that she sat down next to me until she said "Hi".

She sounded so small and shy.

"Hi". I said back. Rora smiled. Then the teacher started the class. While he was talking, I noticed Rora's necklace. A ruby cresent that if you looked closely it looked like there was a light pulsing inside of it. She saw me looking at it and quickly shoved it inside of her shirt.

At the end of the day, I was at my locker, grabbing my bags.  I closed it, ready to head to the  cliffs, when Rora surprised me.

"Hey Emera!" she shouted as she came towards me. "Wanna Hang?

"Wanna go cliff diving?" I asked.

"Sure." she said.

"Ok." I replied as I showed her the way to my car.

On the way there, I listened as she talked all about America. It sounded like a great country, and that it would be, as soon as some of the problems got sorted out. I wanted to tell her about London, but the way she was talking about, I could tell she wanted to just let it out.

"That is high." Rora said as she looked at the cliff. I laughed.

"That's nothing." I said. I pulled her along up the beaten path until we reached the top and changed in the changing area that I somewhat built.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Rora asked.

"One, two three." I said as we jumped.