SOL...YWMA [Ch. 19]

Previously: Are you fucking kidding me?! Courtney asked Sandy to be her Maid of Honor?! I couldn't help the shock that appeared on my face as my eyebrows shot up and my mouth dropped opened. I mean, I know I've been gone for a few years, but seriously? Does that automatically rule me out of the top three people to be her Maid of freaking Honor? "So you're dating him now?" Cory queried about Mark James. "No, we're not dating," I explained. "I'm just going to tell Cory that I want to make us official you know, stop the on and off stuff. Let's be honest, I think I'm the only one out of all his girls that he'd even consider settling down with," Sandy said. "No, unfortunately, there won't be a sequel to that story," Cory said, anger boiling in his eyes.

Chapter 19

I can't believe it. I seriously cannot believe it. How could she? After everything we been through together; all of our ups and downs, thick and thins. We share each other's deepest and darkest secrets. I've stuck by that chick through everything.

Who stood by her side and fought off the little kids that were picking on her in elementary for being a tomboy? Who was there for her when Thomas, her first boyfriend, broke her heart? Who stood by her when she didn't have the strength to stand for herself?

I'll tell you who it wasn't. It wasn't fucking Sandy, or Sandra, or whatever the hell her name is. It was me. Isyss freaking Dulay. I was there for her when she fell off the swing and sprung her ankle. I was. Me.

Hell, if it wasn't for me she probably wouldn't be engaged to the love of her life. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have even gone on that first date with Brent Daniels. I'm the one that built her up with enough courage to call him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking credit for their entire relationship. I just know the part I played.

I remember that day when she came into the house looking all flustered because he gave her his number. She was so scared to call him, but I'm the one who convinced her to. Me. I did.

I shook my head at my thoughts. I feel so...betrayed, for better lack of words. I feel like our friendship just went right down the drain. Yes, I know I've been gone for a while and it was my fault we didn't get to talk to each other as much as we both would've liked, but is this my doing? Is it? Am I the reason for her dismissing me from the list of contenders?

Was I wrong for being gone so long? It's not exactly like I had any down time. The years flew by so fast, and before I know it, I'm at the top of the modeling industry, and Courtney is getting married. Damn it, she didn't even tell me she was engaged! I had to find out through a freaking card. A card for Christ Sake!

This morning, she was still sleep when I left, so I wasn't able to talk to her about it. But all I know is that this will be discussed as soon my eyes land on her. God, I almost feel sad enough to cry about it...but now is not the time.

I looked down at the infinity bracelet on my wrist as my fingers traced the symbols. Cory told me that it signified me always being a star.

"That's a beautiful bracelet," a deep, sensual, British voice broke my train of thought. I looked up to see Mark James standing next to me with a bundle of flowers. The flowers were of different sorts, shapes, and colors, all put together in a vase.

Like I said, now's not the time. I stood up with a smile on my face and greeted him. With his free arm, he wrapped me up into a hug. I almost wanted to stay in his comforting embrace, being the state I'm in, but I pulled away. Ugh, I feel depressed.

I looked him over. He's wearing a navy blue, long sleeve shirt that had three buttons going down from the neck line. His blue jeans were of perfect size and his blond hair was tucked behind his ears.