Chapter 30~

Hope you all enjoy the second part of their date

*****************************

Hour's passed by in a blur. Our conversations short and sweet. The food discarded to the side of the blanket.

As the sun sank behind the waterfall in front of us, we laid on our backs in a deep silence.  It had been this way for quite a while now.

The only part of our bodies touching were our hands. Shortly after facing the sky he reached over and intertwined our fingers. His thumb circling the back of my hand repeatedly.

The silence soothed me. I felt as if nothing in the world could harm us. If only this night could last forever.

"Would you...would you care for a swim?" It surprised me how nervous he had been throughout our date. I thought it was cute when he would stutter or blush while asking a question he wasn't too sure about. I felt special knowing it took him out of his comfort zone to make me happy.

"I would love to, but I wasn't aware there would be a pool. I'm not wearing a bathing suit." The sun may have gone down, but the heat stayed. My skin felt warm to the touch. A swim in the pool would feel blissful against my skin.

The main question here is, will I be able to keep my hormones in check if he only wore swimming shorts.

If Annabelle put her two scents in, I highly doubt it. Her and that dirty mind of hers.

"Your mother sent a bag of your things with the set up crew. If you enter into the cave, you will see it on the right hand side. That is if you feel comfortable swimming with me. We don't have to touch if you don't want to. I'll even close my eyes until you get in the water. Or...Or I could turn my back."

Giggling softly, I lean up on my elbow to stare down at his frightened face. Throughout lunch and dinner he would mumble and become frustrated with himself. Not one word escaped my lips. I felt as if he would shut down if I tried to speak over him.

Do I want to go swimming? Knowing my mother she would have placed a two piece in the bag. I swear giving me a little incentive here and there to become closer to Caden is her goal in life.

"If you do, I swear to keep my purring to a minimal," Annabelle snorts.

"As if I'm going to take your word for it. We both know you would pounce on him, if I gave any indication it was what I wanted." Mentally rolling my eyes, I realized she would nag my head off if I didn't take this chance.

"Being near him is all I ask for Claudia. I know how you feel, as I do the same. Before we land in the sack he has to prove himself completely. A kiss here and there is all we will be doing until the time is right."

Without giving myself a chance to think further and change my mind, I stand up and head to the cave to chance.

The moment I get half way there, two sturdy arms grip ahold of my waist, stopping me mid step.

"Are...are you leaving me?" The quiver in his voice clearly showed in his body as he pressed it flush against mine.

"You were talking about this cave right?" Point in front of me, I try to ease his fear in a nice and gentle way. "Is there privacy?"

"Oh...yes of course. All the guards are further out. If you would like I can have your brother come and hold up a blanket for you." If I didn't know better, this Caden isn't the man I knew before my eighteen birthday. It's as if he is a completely different man. Sensitive and caring wouldn't have come to mind months ago.

"I would like that please." I shiver slightly as his hands pull away from my waist. The sensations I felt from a mere touch surprised me. It scared me. If he were to cheat on me years down the line, would I have the strength to leave him?