Chapter 13 ― Old Crushes And New Ones

***14 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 14***

Hope you enjoy!

______________________________________________

CHAPTER 13

OLD CRUSHES AND NEW ONES

We went up so many flights of stairs that I was exhausted when we reached the deck. I had to hold up my dress with my free hand not to trip in the stairs.

The sun was shining on the beautiful April morning. People ran past us, hurrying to the rail to say goodbye to the people on land. We followed them and found a spot where we could all see the people so far down below.

“There! The man with the blue suit and spiky brown hair!” the Doctor yelled over the cheers, pointing down at the crowd.

I squinted my eyes to find a man with that description. Next to him was a blond girl with modern 21th century clothes. They were both waving at the ship with a smile on their faces.

“That’s me! With Rose Tyler! Oh, I forgot how handsome I was back then!” he laughed.

“I think you’re very handsome,” I blurted out and my cheeks became hot. He pretended he didn’t hear that.

The boat started moving and people started clearing the deck.

“How could that be you, Doctor? He didn’t look a thing like you!” Amy commented.

“Do you remember the night we met, Amelia? I had just regenerated, I had a new body,” he explained to her, but I still didn’t understand.

“I’m sorry, but what is regenerating?” I asked.

“When my body is suffering a fatal wound, I start a regenerating cycle. I completely change both body and mind. I used to look like that, about a year ago, and then I regenerated into this. Different face, different personality,” he said, slowly for me.

I nodded my head. It was now clear to me, but still very odd.

“What happened to Rose?” Amy questioned.

“Oh, well, she’s in a parallel universe with a half human version of me. Well, that me,” he pointed towards where the crowd was earlier, “not this me,” he pointed himself.

“No fair, she gets her own personal Doctor and I have to share,” Amy jokingly pouted.

I would have been offended if I didn’t know that she wasn’t that mean as to mean what she said.

“Well, I needed to get rid of the second me somehow. Besides, they’re probably living happily ever after.”

“Doctor, did you love that girl?” Amelia teased.

He blushed brightly and I could tell seeing the expression on his face that he did care for her a great deal.

“The past is the past! Anyway, I’ve changed. My new personality wouldn’t necessarily match hers like my old one did. Oh, I’m sure you, Amelia, wouldn’t have liked the old me that much,” he said. “Oh look, time for lunch!” he hurried to change the subject.

The dining room was just like in the movie. Just as perfect and elegant. A group of musicians played chords instruments, setting a calm atmosphere.

Since we didn’t actually have tickets, so there wasn’t any place for us. The Doctor had to pull out his psychic paper to convince the waiters he was someone important. He even pretended to me be insulted and snob like, but as soon as the man left to get a table out, we laughed and the Doctor apologized once he came back to tell us we can sit.

We sat down and kept our chins up and your posture straight, imitating the others in the room. As we ate, we discussed random things, like a certain species of alien that we encountered or would like to. I didn’t say much, but after a while, Amy was more and more distracted by a young gentleman from across the room that she kept eyeing. I thought about Rory and frowned. She wasn’t doing anything wrong, but still.

When the room started to empty as people finished their meals, the guy Amy had been watching walked up to us with a charming smile.

“Hello, I’m Sir Russell Smith,” he introduced himself with a very present American accent. “I’m sorry, but I saw you from far and couldn’t help but think how gorgeous you are. Your name?” he said with a smirk.

“Miss Amelia Pond,” she answered, blushing bright red.

He took her hand in his and kisses it gently before letting it fall again.

“Not Mrs?” he asked, looking over at the Doctor.

“Oh, no. Amy here is my sister,” the Doctor cut in.

“Oh, well I hope you don’t mind, but I would like to take your sister for a walk around the deck on this lovely afternoon,” he spoke so politely and articulate. “That is, of course, if she would like to,” he added looking down at the red cheeked red head.

“I would love to,” she replied and stood up and walked out the room with the gentleman.

I thought how lucky she was that with such a beauty, she could get any man in the world to fall head over heels for her in an instant. I had to admit that I was jealous of her burning hair and light blue eyes that made her stunning to anyone. I couldn’t count how many days I sat in front of the mirror and pointed out every single flaw I had. Starting with my freckles and ending with my too skinny body and my lack of breast. Amy on the other hand was perfect.

“I know what you are thinking, AJ,” the Doctor said, pulling me out of my dark thoughts. “And you are beautiful. Despite what you think, you truly are a stunning girl.”

He spoke softly, his words over flowing with sincerity.

“The only reason no young man has come along to take you for a walk is because you seem so distant and unapproachable. But I can promise you they think that same thing as me, that you are lovely,” he added when I gave him a sceptical look.

My cheeks blushed just as much as Amy’s did.

“Maybe the fact that I’m sitting here alone with you makes them think we are together so they think I’m taken?” I pointed out.

“Well then, looks like it’s just me and you now,” he smirked.