Chapter 12 ― A Different Kind Of Ship

***14 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 13***

Big thank you for the 15 votes on the last chapter! :O

Ok, at the 100th anniversary of when the Titanic sank almost a month ago, I had an idea! One of the things I love about Doctor Who is the freedom of places and times to go :D

Hope you enjoy, don't forget to vote!

______________________________________________________

CHAPTER 12

A DIFFERENT KIND OF SHIP

About five months had past now and the TARDIS was now my home. There was nowhere in the world that I felt safer.

I had seen so much of the universe that I used to think was so limited. I’ve been back to medieval times and far into the futures. Planets no one knew existed and the ones in my own solar system I always dreamt of setting foot on. Saturn was an amazing site.

I was truly living the dream with the Doctor.

There were many dangers too. Not all aliens were friendly. Some were even after the Doctor. He saved my life about three times. But the fun of our dangerous adventures was worth the risk.

My time with Amy was now more pleasant too. She had accepted my presence among them and no longer made snarky comments about me. She was now aware of my troubling past. With my permission, the Doctor informed her, but with very little details contrary to what he knew. Maybe she felt sorry for me, but she was much nicer. And yet, I stayed distant and shy towards the red head and I think we were perfectly fine like that.

The only thing that was truly bothered me in the TARDIS were the nights. Most of the time, I would sleep fine, but every now and then, I would wake up, panicked by a nightmare. They were all different. Sometimes, it showed me Jared, other times, Leonardo. Some would be with unfriendly creatures we’ve encountered.

On the first night that it happened, the Doctor was passing by my room and heard my screams. He comforted me and offered to let me sleep with him in his room. After that, every time it would happen again, I left my room to join him. Sometimes, he was still asleep when I crawled into his bed and he would wake up to me next to him. He never minded though. He would smile, say good morning and every now and then, kiss me on the forehead.

One morning after a horrible nightmare the night before, I woke up brutally to someone barging into the room.

Amy had came running in to say something, but stopped in surprised when she saw me sitting up in bed next to the Doctor who was slowly lifting up his head to look at her, eyes half closed.

“What the Hell?” she asked, completely shocked. “Have you guys been having sex?”

My cheeks turned bright red as I started to shake my head no. She looked quite mad.

“Of course not, Amelia!” the Doctor stated.

“Then… Then what is she doing there?” she stuttered.

“She had a nightmare, so I let her sleep with me. Don’t jump to conclusions.”

“Oh,” she simply said.

She seemed a bit relieved, but still a little upset. Seeing the Doctor and I getting closer always bothered her.

“You obviously woke me up for some reason, Amy. Why don’t you tell me,” the Doctor grinned.

Obviously, he hadn’t noticed how awkward it was in the room with both me and Amy’s cheeks turning bright red.

“Well, hum, yeah… that. I had an idea of where to go and wanted to tell you before I forgot,” she answered.

A spark of excitement appeared in the Doctor’s eyes and a gorgeous smile light up his face at the thought of a new adventure.

He hurried out of bed, walked into his walk-in closet to come out a moment later dressed and ready.

“And where would that be?” he asked.

“The Titanic,” she grinned.

The corners of my lips curled up instantly, “Titanic” was my favorite movie of all time, the first one I watched in a theater. The thought of being on the ship made me all excited.

“What an excellent idea, Amelia! And why not stay a day or two on the boat while we’re at it?” he suggested.

I nodded in agreement and so did Amy. The ginger took my hand and pulled me out of bed, then out of the room, dragging me all that way to the costume room. There, the various outfits were organized by year and planet.

“Do you want to be in first class? I do! Oh, I imagine myself falling for a third class guy like Rose! The movie is so romantic, it makes me cry every time…” and she continued to babble on as I simply nodded my head time to time.

We tried out rich looking outfits and practice our stick up the ass walk. I’ll admit to having a lot of fun with Amy. I couldn’t stop laughing and for a moment, I felt like just a normal teenage girl having fun with a friend. Then I remembered that my teenage years had been cruelly taken away from me.

The mood was light and fun when we found the Doctor in the main room, both dressed in tight, but long dresses.

“Well, well, well! What do you have here? Two young ladies looking absolutely dashing today! Probably nouveau rich,” he teased.

We laughed and hurried to sit down. Normally, Amy staid standing up during the shaking, but didn’t want to risk it since her deep purple dress was so hard to move in. After a moment, we landed and we hurried towards the door.

The Doctor pocked his head out first. We were in the luggage room where there were mountains of suitcases piled up and cars being transported across seas.

I thought of the scene were Jack and Rose did “it” in one of the cars in the movie. The siren echoed in the room and the Doctor toke both me and Amy by the hand and pulled us out of the room and up the stairs.

“I have something to show you!” he announced.

***14 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 12***