Chapter 17: The Ex

From: Dre

Hey! So I was in town and wanted to meet you in person so we could talk. But I saw you weren't home, I decided to text you to tell you I want you back. Because I miss you and want you back. Please call me so that I can apologize for what has happened. It would be great to hear your voice again.

XO

**********

I looked at the text message for about 30 minutes with wide eyes. All the thoughts of him started coming back, all the great memories that we had together. We broke up only because he had to leave for college. Knowing that he couldn't keep the relationship going and if he ever wanted to start it off again I told him to let me know.

I guess the time finally came, I thought he would never come back for me. He wants me back now, but I can't, I have Niall now and I can't do that to him. Just to leave him now when I have so much feelings for him and that we have such a great connection.

Dre is such a great guy but Niall can be mine and he won't leave me like Dre did (I hope). Dre will probably leave me again for just another excuse, not just for college but probably for some other stupid reason. Just to make up an excuse to leave me again and just use me again once more.

"Alie, what is going on?" Niall asks a little too curious, trying to make eye contact with me.

"It is just a guy that I dated nothing much no need to worry." I shrug my shoulders, delete the message and put my phone back up to charge. I keep my eyes down so that we couldn't make eye contact with me.

"Are you sure? It doesn't seem like he is just a guy, it took you quite a long time to finally talk and even to delete that text." He admits, widening his eyes.

I know it is crazy that this is happening, Dre and I haven't talked in almost a year. Ever since he left for college we haven't talked because 'it was the best for the both of us', yeah freaking right. Maybe, I should just call him to see why he is doing this, there must be a reason to this. He probably just wants me to come back to him like a weak puppy going to get the bone. Well I will stay strong and will not give up on what I have with Niall. Because I could never have this with Dre, even if he is an amazing guy. He will just leave again and I will be that lost puppy all over again.

I sit there just thinking long and hard on this until I feel a nudge on my shoulder. Niall finally tries to say something to me again, but I just can't comprehend him yet. I don't know why but I just can't, maybe I still have feelings for Dre. The way his figure fits perfectly with the way he acts and talks. His beautiful way he looks as his eyes sparkle in the sun. Stop it Alie you have Niall now! But I can't what should I do?

"Alie, please talk to me I am here for you we can talk this out." Niall says as he touches my shoulder.

"I know you are, I just can't right now. I am going to go to bed, talk later?" I say looking at Niall softly, finally making eye contact with him.

"Yeah, I guess we can talk later." Niall mopes before I come over and peck him on the cheek and walk out of the room.

Niall looks at me and smiles happily, see Niall and I have this amazing connection, where I can understand him and he can understand me (mostly maybe). Although we don't say anything to each other I know he is going to come up behind me and turn me around and-

Niall grabs my shoulder and grabs my chin lifting my face up to his softly so we could embrace. I don't understand this fully, but every time I am with Niall I just feel butterflies in my stomachs like I never felt before. It isn't like the simple butterflies you get from nerves. It is the butterflies that are just there with so much impact that it will never go away. Niall and I both deepen the kiss slowly as time goes on and it just makes me happier and happier to know that Niall is here for me, but I just can't trust him quite yet. I don't know why but I just can't, it is just too hard for me to trust someone so fast and easily. All of this is just moment in time, it just happens and I can't stop the feelings that go along with it.