The 10th Birthday

I am a Lookingale, we see what you call imaginary, unreal, impossible things. We were born with it, it runs in the family. No it does not take incest, or crap like that, it need two humans one outside of the family. Some of the family members say its a curse, and are always searching for a cure, a nonexistent thing. The Old Guild did it, they were a group of wizards, witches and warlocks and their leader was a fairy, fairy queen to be exact. She was so beautiful, she's said to be the most beautiful creature known to earth, but then again she nor the rest of The Old Guild have been seen for years. Legend says they were discovered by regular ones that ages after people stopped believing, they were none as the Twenty-nine Knights, as the name says there was twenty-nine of them, nine leaders; Euric, Marigold, Jasmeen, Kublood, Luric, Faemeen, Poglish, Olivian, and Eaden. Euric and Luric, and Jasmeen and Faemeen were twins from the founding family of the Twenty-nine Knights. Marigold, Poglish, Olivian, and Eaden, were great friends of the family and were sons and daughters of the kings and queens. They have all died a long time ago, as they were humans and they don't live long. My friend is a great great great grandchild of Euric and Faemeen, and she has no idea, about me or my family. My name is Nadia, I earned my gift of the Lookingale at 10, the day of my birthday I awoke to my now best friend Luke.

*****************~~~~~~~~~~~~~10th Birthday~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****************

"Hey look its another one of those Lookingale's, today must be her 10th birthday yeah?" I heard voices and stirred slightly in my sleep. "Shhhh Luke, we mustn't wake her." his voice was more louder now like he turned towards. "She is 10 now yes, we shouldn't wake the mistress though, She has just turned 10 after all, double digits mean a lot to these humans."

"Nadia! Nadia!" I heard someone yelling my name and just turned away, not wanting to wake yet. "Nadia wake up!" I found it to be my little brother when he jumped into my bed. "Nadia, mom made us a bbbiiiggg breakfast, for your birthday! Come one she made blueberry waffles. After here that I sprung up and jumped out of bed running down stairs past my little brother.

"Well morning Nadia, and happy 10th birthday." I almost, ALMOST, fell while running down the stairs. My little brother came running, not anywhere near as fast as I did, down the stairs. "Mmm morning mom, and thanks!" I smiled and sat down at our little breakfast nook, I always sat to the right of my little brother, at the window and always ate while looking out it. "Nadia did you hear me honey?" I turned to my mom who jolted me out of thought. "Um yes mom I am." I said it all a bit too quick and she gave me a stern look. Busted! "I was saying, your dad is comin' home to visit you." I grumbled and turned back to the window. "No he is not, I don't wanna see him." I crossed my arms across my chest and refused to look anywhere but out the window.

My dad left when my little brother was born and hasn't come back since. He left saying my little brother was an abomination, I looked up what that word meant and it's not very nice. I don't understand why he said such harsh words, my mom won't tell me. She says I'm too young to know and she'll tell me on my 16th birthday.

"Nadia he is your father! No matter what young lady!" I turned and glared angrily at her "No, he left and said terrible things about brother so never will I ever love him!" I shouted at her and looked back out the window shoving some of the waffles in my mouth, not wanting to talk to her anymore. "Nadia Florence Lookingale! He is your father and you will love him!" She yelled a bit louder then me and I could feel my little brother cringing into my sides and hiding his face behind his hands. "I- he doesn't deserve my love." I said it so quietly then got up and grabbed my bag and left the house for school. "I'll never love him." I muttered before slamming the door and walking out.