13. [Isabella]

"Are you ready?"

I sucked in a breath of air and looked up at Alex. This was it. The moment I'd been waiting for since I started this process a year ago was finally here—the end results. My eyes fluttered shut, exhaling the breath I'd been holding.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Relaxing my shoulders, I stepped on the scale. Not wanting to see the number just yet, I kept my eyes trained on the ceiling, and counted the numbers of patterns I saw. One, two, three—

"Isabella . . ." The way Alex said my name quickly snapped me out of my train of thoughts. "I'm afraid you didn't make it . . ."

When those words left his mouth, my gaze immediately glanced down at the scale. Seeing the three-digit number, my eyes widened as I let out a loud scream. "Are you freaking serious?" I shouted, motioning my hand at the number. "Alex, I—"

"—got lower than your desire weight!" he finished off for me, his smile wide and prominent. It was at this point that I realized he lied for my sake—he wanted me to see the number on my own. "I'm so proud of you, Isabella."

When the shock wore off, I jumped up and hugged him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I repeated over and over again. Hearing his soft chuckles, he returned my hug and hooked his arms around my waist. He lifted me up and swung me around.

"You're welcome, but honestly," he said, putting me down. "It was your hard work and dedication that got you here."

"Yeah, but I couldn't have done it without you." Without him, I don't think I would've even lost ten pounds. "So, thanks."

"Since you put it that way, you're welcome." He smiled. "I have to go upstairs quickly to grab something, so in the meantime, feel free to tell your friend and family the exciting news. I bet you're dying to tell someone." He chuckled, earning a laugh from me in return. He gave my shoulder a quick squeeze, before he left, giving me some privacy.

Fishing out my phone, I dialed Amanda's number. I bit my bottom lip, and tried to contain my excitement as much as possible.

When I heard her voice, I shouted, "Guess what?" 

"What?" she asked, sounding just as excited as I was.

"I weigh 140 pounds."

"Holy shit," she yelled, as I heard a loud crashing sound on the other end of the line. There was a short pause. "Clear your plans tomorrow. We're going to the mall."

I raised my brows. "The mall? Why?"

"Makeover. Duh."

"And, why may I ask need a makeover?"

"You did say I could give you a makeover after your year was up," she reminded me, her tone sounding quite deviously. Crap. I did said that.

"Just promise me, you won't go overboard with it," I begged her as I pinched the bridge of my nose. Knowing Amanda, she would.

"Don't worry," she said, probably rolling her eyes at me. "I won't."

By the sound of her high pitched voice, I knew she was only saying that to make me feel better. But I also knew I couldn't back out of this since I did technically agreed to it. "I guess, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bright and early," she said, saying her goodbyes.

When the line went dead, I closed my phone with a sigh. What in the world have I gotten myself into?

"Isabella," I heard my mother's voice, followed by a light bang probably caused by the opening and slamming of the door. I let out a groan when I saw her heading over to my screen-glass windows. When she pulled open my shades, the morning sun swept in, practically blinding me. "Come on, sweetie," she said softly. I soon felt the bed dip at the foot of my bed. "Amanda's here."