Chapter 19

Chapter 19

~Ella~

No.

No.

It wasn't true.

This wasn't happening.

I heard the gun unlock.

"No, Ricky, don't!" I yelled, grabbing a hold of the gun.

But he was stronger. Way stronger.

"Why, Ella? Give me a good reason not to blow his head off right now!"

Because... Because I couldn't let it happen. Because it would completely kill me if he was gone.

Because... I think I'm falling in love with him.

"Because he saved your life," I said quickly, stepping closer to him. "When you were all beat up and couldn't even move, he helped carry all the way to the bar. You owe him that much."

He looked at Jeremy, his clear blue eyes clouding with indecision.

Then he put his gun down.

"Only until he turns," he said, stepping away from me, Jeremy, and Alyssa.

I nodded.

Jeremy groaned, telling me he was finally awake. I fell to my knees in front of him.

"What happened?" he asked, blinking.

"You passed out," I said. "Jeremy, I need you to answer this question."

He turned his head slighty, looking at me.

"Were you bitten?"

His face fell. "No...I was scratched."

I looked at him, confused.

"What does that mean? Will you turn?"

He was about to answer when he let out a groan of pain.

"Ok, come on. Dominic help me carry him," I said.

I wasn't going to let him die.

I wasn't.

"Let's take him to the cabin. There could be someone in there that could help us," Alyssa said, grabbing our bags from the ground.

Another blue light went through the fence.

What the hell is that anyways?

Jeremy put his arm around me and the other around Dominic. I felt a wince of pain when we picked him up, and that reminded me

I had to check the cut I have in my arm.

"Ella," Jeremy whispered.

His head was down, as if it suddenly felt heavy.

"Not now, Jeremy. We're almost there," I said, as we almost reached the cabin.

I didn't want to talk about it.

About how it was all my fault he was dying.

"Ella," he tried again.

"Jeremy, just shut up!"

I didn't mean it to sound harsh, but I didn't want to talk.

The cabin door was strangely open. Dominic kicked it open further and we dropped Jeremy on the couch.

"Ricky and Jake, search the house, check if there's anyone here. Lizzie and Alyssa, see if there's any food in here. Looks like we're going to be here awhile."