Christmas eve love story

In a little cafe in Manila I sat with an espresso in hand. What a bummer, it's almost christmas eve and I'm here all alone. All over the city, stores and houses are all sparkling with their christmas lights. Everywhere you look there are christmas greeting signs posted by different people but most especially they came from the politicians that are running for the next election. It's funny how people passing by this shop looks at me with a sad expression as they see me across the see-through glass window of this cafe.

What could they be thinking? Poor little young lady alone in this time of year. It's not like I'm really alone by chance it's a matter of choice actually because I have the option to go to my parent's house in Laguna and I know my sisters and all of our relatives will be there but I chose not to, I mean not tonight. Maybe tomorrow morning I will. Tonight I'm suppose to spend it with him.

The most special person in my life right now, my boyfriend. I'm suppose to meet him at the airport earlier today but then again he called me at the last minute and said that he couldn't make it home today because of some more business he has to attend to, in Singapore.

Imagine the look on my face when I heard him said that, my dismay was probably seen on my face as the people in the airport kept staring at me like I'm some kind of freaky scary girl who got stood up, well that's true anyway.Oh that stinking liar made me wait for an hour and then stood me up. Oh when he comes back he is going to face a lot of yelling and mostly profanities from me.

My hot head needed some cooling down and so I went here in this cozy cafe, and I've been here all day with an espresso and laptop as my sole companion. I really miss him. I can't believe he picked Christmas eve of all day to leave me alone. Ugh I can't help but groan in frustration. And now as I look at my cold espresso I feel more alone. I let out another sigh and I heard the waiter giggle a little at me.

When I turned my head to scowl at him he was already near me serving me another espresso even though I didn't order. This made me smile a little. "Care for another one miss?" he asked me"Sure thanks." I replied and he settled the cup in my table and took the cold espresso away. Due to my desperation for company I asked him if he could sit with me since I'm the only costumer they have at this time."Sure miss. Let me just put this away." He said and walked away.As I waited, it gave me time to fully appreciate the ambiance this place has.

It has a warm feeling here because of the paint. The wall has different vibrant colors, one part was painted carnation pink, the others light orange and a few tinge of violet in a pattern of lines overlapping each other. It has a modern touch in it yet the tables are like the ones in a living room and the seats are the same, comfy sofas.

There's music in the back ground, of course christmas songs are being played. I actually liked the music because I'm a real sucker for christmas songs. You know even though I'm alone in this time of the year doesn't make me hate it at all. The only thing that I hate is the fact that my boyfriend bailed on me at the last minute. And the irritation is boiling up inside of me again as I contemplated on what he did, then the waiter came back smiling at me warmly.

"Hi again" He said with the utmost politeness in his voice. This waiter is quite handsome I could say. And he seems nice, then I thought that I'm really lucky to have a good company."hello. Thank you for sitting with me. You know people are looking at me weirdly." I said while leaning a little forward to smile at him."What do you mean?" he asked

"They look at me sadly. You know, I'm here alone for christmas eve at a cafe." I said in a sour tone"Oh." he said in understanding and continued "you know it's not too bad. Being alone in this time of year I mean." He said with a smile on his face. I couldn't quite comprehend how he could say that without any hint of irony in his voice. I mean the worst thing that could happen to you is spend christmas eve all alone. But then again if that's what he thinks I'd respect it.