Chapter Nine (NEW SPECIAL EDITION~)

So I was going through reading sex god again so I could get ideas for a sequel... IF I do one...

and I stumbled upon good old chapter nine in Dustin's p.o.v... and as I was reading I thought... well hell, this chapter might be amazing in Memphis' p.o.v... so I wrote it. And I think it is, so to say thankyou for being fantastic and reading my work, I'm uploading!

HAPPY 100,000 READS!

(God, 16 year old me was so cringe....)

ENJOY!

~

Memphis' P.O.V

When I'd woken this morning I'd felt that usual gut wrenching feeling I did every morning before a game. Being the football captain brought on more pressure than I could usually stomach.

What was making me feel worse was that Dustin was going to be here. He was coming to this very game today. 

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the guy. I just didn't know how long I could keep myself under control if he kept showing up. And today I was going to be in front of at least a hundred people. What if he did something cute again?

I shook my head, it was something I had to push out of my mind. I stretched my arms out, letting my muscles flex so that they wouldn't strain. I rolled my shoulders, cracked my neck, then started on my leg exercisers. The rest of my team were rearing to go, bouncing balls around on the field around me. The bleachers were starting to fill with eager parents and some of the boy's girlfriends and friends.

I scanned the crowd and saw Rory's parents arriving, coming in and taking their seats in the morning sun. Rory's mum waved to me and I nodded back. 

My own parents... they wouldn't come. They never did.

Then my eyes landed on Aisling, making her way to an empty seat with a good view. Towing behind her looking reluctant was Dustin. He looked good in jeans and a hoodie. I bit my lip and looked away, picking up my football and began bouncing it off my chest to my knee, then foot and repeating. This was going to be a long match.

"She's here!" Rory chuckled, bounding over to me excitedly. Then in one swift movement he jumped and swiped the ball right out from under my nose. He ran with it, and I gave chase after him. 

Rory turned, jumping to the side and stuck his foot out, I stumbled over it and landed on my stomach as he laughed and ran off. I picked myself up, then glanced up at the stands. Dustin was watching. Damn.

I ran after Rory, "You're dead meat!" I teased, and he started screaming and running around the pitch. I could hear people in the stands laughing and cheering us on.

I grabbed Rory's hips and pulled, yanking him violently to the side. He dropped the ball and it rolled away as he stumbled back. I locked him in a head lock and rubbed my knuckles into the top of his head.

"You think you can get away with stealing the ball from your captain?" I asked him, suppressing a grin, like always.

"Ow Memphis, let me go. I'll behave," Rory laughed, trying to tug himself free. I glanced up through my fringe at Dustin, the sun was shining down through his hair and making it shine. This was going to be worse that I thought after all. He was such a distraction. I needed to focus. I just had to pretend he wasn't even here.

Coach blew the whistle to call us all in for the game to begin. I sized up the other team, dressed in red and flexing their muscles with bravado. There was one big guy, more like a gorilla than a teenage high schooler; he was giving me the evils. I shot them back and turned to my team for a pre game pep talk to rev them up. We got in a circle and grabbed each others shoulders, bowing out heads together.