Chapter Fourteen

This chapter is dedicated to the mah friend @learosie10 who just turned 16! Everyone go check out her new story "New Beginnings" Vote for the first chapter and I'll love you forever.

----------

The following morning I woke up and sat up on my bed. I immediately lied back down after I felt a horrible pain in my stomach. I lifted my shirt to reveal several bruises from last night's event.

After we had tidied up the classroom Cassie had fought in, we had made our way swiftly back to the white van and gotten the hell out of that school. I didn't know where we were going to go from there as I left as soon as we arrived back at headquarters since I had to get home before my Mom took note of my long absence.

I pushed myself the sit up on the bed with my hands slowly as I tried to ignore the pain. I reached over to my bedside table and picked up my phone, dialing a number.

After a few rings, I heard an answer "Hello?" Debby asked groggily. I knew I must have woken her up but I didn't care.

"Debby, it's me, do you think you could get here within the next half an hour?" I asked her as I slowly stood up, again trying to ignore the pain.

I heard her yawn from the other side of the line. "What, why?" she asked

"I need you to come down to the RUA and sign a contract," I informed her as I limped over to the bathroom.

"What for?" she asked. I could hear her getting up.

"You know how I told you about everything on Sunday?" I asked her.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, I wasn't supposed to." I replied as I grabbed my hairbrush and started running it through my hair. "You're going to need to go down to Headquarters with me and sign a few contracts just saying that you're going to keep the information to yourself."

She groaned. "Really? Right now?"

"Yes," I said firmly as I put down the hairbrush and limped into the bathroom, clutching my stomach. "Please, it's important."

After a few seconds silence, I heard her sigh. "Look, okay I'll be at your house in a moment."

"Thank you" I sighed in relief as I pulled out my toothbrush and toothpaste. "Take your bike" I added before hanging up and placing my phone down on the sink.

I glance up at the mirror and groaned when I took in my appearance. Eric wasn't wrong about that bruise. A small portion of my cheek was covered with purple swollen skin.

I decided that foundation was the best option to hide it and quickly grabbed a tube, squirting the liquid on my skin and layering it while trying to ignore the stinging pain. I felt relief flood me as I watched it disappear, becoming harder and harder to see.

By the time I was ready to leave, Debby had arrived so I made my way outside. I had decided not to tell her about last night's incident just in case she freaked out too much and told someone but overall, I just didn't want to her to worry.

"Hey," I said smiling as I met her outside. "Come on, we better get a move on."

She gave a quick nod of understanding and glanced up at the sky. "God, so this is what 5:30am looks like."

I laughed but as soon as I did, I felt pain run through my stomach so I stopped. I decided not to tell Debby about last night's fiasco because I knew she would only worry. I hopped on my bike along with Debby who jumped on hers and we rode off.

The ride didn't take too long usually but today, it felt like an eternity as I tried to hide the aching pains I was feeling all over my body after that attack. By the time we arrived Debby looked confused.