Chapter 8 ~ Esme's POV

I immediately sit down; also not a good idea. The rapid movement slams the blood flow to my legs for a second and in that second I see purple and black streak across my vision, eerily reminding me of the place I was in just a few moments ago. My legs, my legs start to twitch as the blood rushes back in. I hate this tingling feeling. Occupied with my thoughts, I fail to notice Ari’s entrance into the room until she collides into my chest hugging me. I laugh as the force of her hug knocks me flat onto the bed. “Ow” I mutter as the sudden movement sends a shot of dull pain through my skull. She looks at me curiously and says “Are you ok now?” Rubbing my forehead, I smile at her adorable little face and say “yes I am.”

As if right on cue Jason’s mom and dad enter the room and his mom looks at us with a shocked expression. “Arianna Clarian! Get off the poor girl! Now!”

Ari looks up at her mom sheepishly and proceeds to sever herself from the hug as I claim “Oh no, its fine! I’m fine now! Not really sure what happened but haha I feel perfectly normal” and flash her what I hope is a confident smile. Her stern features relax as she accepts my words and gathers Ari into her arms and picks her up. “Guess I won’t have to call 911 then huh?” she jokes smiling. I laugh and retort with a “I think I could do without a ambulance and beeping machines.” Shes laughs and says “well David and I still have to eat breakfast so see you downstairs in a few.”

As they leave my smile wanes. I can feel the incoming headache and I wonder if I really am ok. My faltering smile revives itself as the world's cutest boy enters the room and sits by my side. I throw him an adorable grin as he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. “ Your good now?” he questions smiling down at me. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I reply with a “With you here? Of course.” Looking at the blush creeping across his cheeks I kiss him and say “Well I still feel a little light headed so do you mind helping me when I stand up?” “Sure! I can catch my princess if she falls.” he says with a wink. Laughing I stand up much slower than last time and steady myself. “Actually I’m fine” I say. “In that case...”he mutters with a mischievous glint in his eyes. And before I know it I’m flat on the bed for what seems to be the hundredth time.

“Dear god Jace! Must you? THe door is wide open! What if Ari or your mum walks in?” I prod while he plays with my hair. “mmm?” he replies burying his head in my neck and pulling me closer with his strong arms. “Jaaaaaace” I complain purposely dragging out his name even though it sounds like i'm whining. “sssssh” he commands. “You know this really would be awkward if...” I begin but I’m cut off by the sensation of his teeth at the base of my neck. “Ja Ja Jace?” I stutter thinking ‘OH MY GOD...oh my godohmygod...the door is open...with him on top of me and this close...oh my god if someone came in...’ He nips at the skin of my collarbone and makes his way up my neck kissing every bite. I squirm under him trying to push away the thought of the open door...the WIDE open door. “Esme!” he groans. “Does that door really bother you so much?” he asks as a look of frustration crosses his face. “Well...” I begin but cut short when he tartly says “fine, go close it” and moves aside. With a look of relief I crawl off the bed and quickly walk to the door and close it. Smiling to myself  I start turning around ready to get back to Jace but suddenly I feel his arms wrap around my waist. Grinning I look up at to see him looking down at me with that mischievous glint again.

He bends down and kisses me with his soft velvety lips. I kiss back craning my neck higher to deepen it. His hands unhook from my waist and travel under my shirt and across the flat expanse of my tummy. I shiver with delight and flick my tongue against his lips waiting for him to open. He smiles into our kiss at my excitement and breaks away. I unconsciously pout at the sudden disconnection causing him to laugh and comment “aww aren’t you cute! Pouting cuz I pulled away!” Still laughing he turns me around and I punch him lightly in the chest a little embarrassed. “Oh!” he says in an over dramatic way and falls to the ground. I laugh and roll my eyes. “Care to join?” he asks winking. “No” I reply with a evil grin and flip my hair. “Aww” he pouts adorably. Just as i’m about to change my mind and sit down next to him, he grabs my shorts and tugs. “I can get you down here with me, if you won’t come willingly” he says with a sultry grin. “And I can always run” I reply and swat his hand away. “The by all means, go right ahead” he replies with a lilt of confidence in his voice. I smirk and say “catch me if you can, cuz i’m the gingerbread man” and open the door. I look back at his face, drained of the confidence that was there just a second ago and book it down the stairs.