Dance Fever

I woke up the next morning to an empty room.  All the pillows and blankets were put away, the bed was made.  It looked like nobody slept in here.  Strange.  I walked around the room, waiting for someone to pop out from somewhere and scare me.  Nothing.  I went downstairs to see Anne sitting at the kitchen island, flipping through a magazine with a mug in her hands.  "Good morning Char." she looked up and said to me.  "Hi Anne.  Where did everyone go?  I woke up a few minutes ago and no one was in Haz's room." I said.  "They all went out for a few minutes.  They told me to tell you to take Harry's car to school.  His Range Rover finally is ready to go.  You can take that.  The keys are on the counter over there." she pointed to them.  "Okay... thanks." I said.  Something was definitely up.

I went upstairs and got ready quickly.  It was weird not being in my own room, and I was by myself.  It made it ten times more weird.  I put my hair in a ponytail and put on black yoga pants, brown Uggs, and a white tank top with a sky blue Hollister sweatshirt over it.  I didn't really care much this morning.  Anne was still in the same place as before when I walked into the kitchen.  I made a cup of hot chocolate and put it in a travel mug.  "Are you excited to move back home?" I asked Anne as I put a bagel in the toaster.  "Yes and no." she answered.  "Why's that?" I asked.  "I'm excited to go back home and see family and friends, but I like it here because I get to see my son.  When we return to England, he'll be out a lot doing interviews and signings and other things.  I'm afraid he won't have time for me.  Plus, you aren't going to be there.  Neither are Maddy or Hanna or Skye.  Hanna seems to make Harry so happy." Anne said.

"She really does, but Harry will always have time for you.  You're his mother.  You made him.  And we'll be fine.  We have a plan to Skype and call the guys whenever they get the chance." I said reassuringly as my bagel popped.  I continued talking as I put cream cheese on it.  "Well, I gotta get to school.  I have no idea what's going on." I said grabbing my stuff.  "Have fun at school Char!" Anne called from behind me.  It was cold this morning and I didn't have a jacket.  I'll just put the heat on in the Range Rover.  I unlocked the door and put the key in the ignition.  This felt weird.  I've been saying that all morning.  I took off for school with the heat blasted, along with the radio.  I was singing along to any song that came on.  Harry's new car is absolutely amazayn.  When I pulled into the school parking lot, it was deserted.  The only cars I could see belonged to the guys.  And Liam.  Why is he here?  I parked in Harry's space and opened the door to Hanna smiling at me.

"Good morning." she said happily.  "Why so hyper this morning?" I asked.  "Well...Harry asked me to the dance tonight!" she did a little happy dance.  "Aw, that's so cute.  I completely forgot about that." I admitted.  I'll probably just go with the whole crew.  "I'm so excited for it now." she continued.  "Where is everyone?" I asked as we started walking inside.  "The guys were asked to sing two songs tonight and they were just rehearsing." Hanna explained.  "Everyone?" I asked.  "Yep.  Even Liam.  Maddy and everyone else isn't there.  You're good." she said as she pushed open the gym door.  "We're here." Hanna announced.  "Hi Char!" Louis yelled from the stage.  "Hi Lou." I waved.  Niall bounced off the stage and over to me.  "Mornin' Char." he kissed me.  "Mornin' Nye." I kissed his cheek in return.  "Enough with the love fest.  Get back on stage leprechaun!" Harry shouted.  I blushed and Niall tromped back on stage annoyed.

"What songs are you singing tonight?" I asked, sitting in the middle of the gym floor.  "We are singing 'More Than This' and 'What Makes You Beautiful'." Zayn said.  "Then sing already!" Skye yelled to them.  "Oh yeah." Louis said stupidly.  The background music to 'More Than This started playing and I pulled out my phone.  Liam started singing and he sounded gorgeous.  The best I've ever seen him sing.  You could hear the pain in his voice.  Was that because of me?  No, it couldn't be.  It's probably because of Maddy.  She must be a terrible girlfriend.  She's so controlling, and she's short-tempered.  She puts herself before anyone else.  Very high maintenance.  I started singing along when Harry started singing.  These five boys had the best voices I have ever heard.  They're dedicated.  I comes so natural to them.  Like for example, Liam has a naturally low voice.  But on a few of the songs on the album, he has a gorgeous falsetto.  Stop talking about Liam.  I'm over and done with him.  Time to let go.  For good.