Chapter 4

Paul's POV

I slowly feel myself drift out of sleep. Turning I stare at Lovely next to me. Yip, it was a great night. She has beautiful, black hair that is flared across her face. I admire her curves as she is lying on her stomach. I never understood how someone could sleep in this position, it looks real uncomfortable. I hear her breathing change and see her starting to lean on her elbows.

 As quick as possible without raising alarm, I sit up and reach for my shirt and denim.

 "Morning, Gorgeous!" I hear the arousal in her voice and smell it in the air. Why did I not leave as soon as I was done? I never sleep over. This was the first time ever! It's all Zee's fault - as usual.

Yes, she's my sister, but she is a disaster waiting to happen. Look what happened at school yesterday: she split the table in two. How is that even possible? No she wolf has that kind of strength in their wolf form, let alone in their human form. I am so glad that no one knows she is my sister or we would have Hard Rock all over again!

I feel a touch on my shoulder and jump up.

"Going so soon," Lovely asks with a pout in her voice. I don't even know her real name. I look at her and see her eyes. Oh, my goodness! It is the same kind of colour as Zee's. I must have been really drunk!

 "You're not worth staying for. I have places to go." Cold, I know. That’s the only way to get rid of any clingy girl.

 "You.....bastard! I knew I shouldn't of trusted you, but..." Humans are so gullible and giving, if you catch my drift.

 "Then why did you?" I ask nonchalant,  while I get dressed. After putting on my jacket, I turn around and look in her dark blue eyes again, although it is similar to Zee's, it's not quite as intense.

 "Next time, listen to your gut." I turn and walk out of her room, down the stairs and out of the door. I still hear her swearing and cussing as I get in my car and drive off.

 It's nice to be home alone. Our house is like next to the pack house, but far enough from it to give great privacy. No one would know what time I got home or who stays in this house unless they stake out and camp in the woods surrounding the house.

 Digging in the fridge to satisfy my hunger, I smile at the fact that Mum always leaves food in here. We have a faster metabolism and need lots of energy for when we shift. Slumping down on the chair, I allow my mind to drift, something I rarely ever do....

I was about eight years old and Zee around six. It was a cold day, but Zee refused to wear any warm clothes. Mum and she have been arguing and Zee was real pissed off.  Mum came out to put a jacket on her, but she ran away. Marco, the eldest of us at about fourteen, ran after her and when he touched her, he was thrown back by some sort of shock wave. Zee turned and looked at him with these real freaky, blue glowing out of her eyes. Mum was screaming and dad came running out.

 The glow disappeared from Zee's eyes and from that day she had these dark blue eyes that I've never seen anyone else have.

The pack doctor came to see Marco. He had a few broken ribs and his left arm was broken. All this healed, but Marco still wears a glove on his right hand because of the shock she gave him. He is able to use his hand, but the black that never went away freaks people out. 

My dad decided that we had to leave, after Alpha Clarence Rock kicked us out - might I add. Dad said it would be better if we went back to our ancestors at Blue River. Someone here could give us answers.

And here we are today with a freak for a sister, no one with answers and no one who knows that she is even family accept for Alpha Anthony himself, not even his son knows, and the pack doctor. Dad told me to try and shield others away from my sister. He was afraid that someone else could get hurt.

 Then Zee and Rose started playing together at pack gatherings. They were about ten years old when they started to get close and becoming good friends. I saw them playing during a picnic and for the first time it looked like Zee was a normal she wolf.

 Then dad had to come to me and ask me to break up the friendship. What I did, I am truly not proud of. We all knew Rose had a crush on Anthony and I told her that Zee was telling Anthony all these nonsense about Rose. How Rose was always talking about Anthony and that she would be Luna and would throw out people from the pack that she did not like.  I told Anthony the same thing. Needless to say Anthony confronted Rose and told her what he thought of this behaviour and that she should keep her mouth off him. Zee was crushed, yet again when Rose told her to go to hell. I stepped in just in time when Zee's eyes started glowing, hoping no one saw it, and told Zee to get going. Luckily she was listening. She turned around, but not fast enough. I saw the brokenness in her eyes and the smell of her tears burned in my nose.

 I heard the whispers in the corridors yesterday after the little incident.  She broke out a sweat, her eyes started to glow and Mrs Jones, my favourite teacher of all times, were shocked. Luckily it was not a full blown shock and no damage was done to the dear teacher.

 Anthony came to me during lunch and I thought he was going to put it all together, but strangely he was very quiet and kept looking at that new boy that was walking with Zee after first period.

 I remember teasing them yesterday on our way to Math. With a frown I rub my arm absentminded. I remember a hot shock like wave going through my arm where I tried to bump him off his feet with my shoulder. He did not even flinch. I remember putting my weight behind that bump and he did not even stumble. Strange? Real strange.

 I hear a car stopping outside. It's time for my parents to get some rest.

 "Paul?" My mum sounds tired and worn. " When are you going to visit Zee?"

 "Mum, please. Not this again. Like I said yesterday, I do not wish to see her. I did my part in keeping others away from her, just like you asked me to do. I've even seen the hurt in her eyes at times, but I kept doing what you asked me to do. I am not going to visit her now and blow the cover."

 "But she needs you, Paul."

 "No, mum. As usual she has you and dad."

 "Paul..."

"Mum, stop it!  I...."

 "Paul, you will not shout at your mother like that."

 "And you should never have asked me to keep others away from my sister and to let others think I do not have a sister. I understand why you did it, I do. But do you understand the pain it caused her? She was growing up alone, being hurt by me and Ryan and our friends countless times. You never saw the look in her eyes when we walked away. You never saw..." and I am sobbing like a freaking baby!  Turning I run out of the back door, getting rid of my clothes and phasing into my wolf.

 "Let him go, Eva. He needs to be alone right now."