The curious case of TSquared

They were a strange case indeed these two pretty shinny things. These two that radiated beauty and success and sexuality and all things that are desirable in the world. These poster children for happiness. For good sex and even better, stronger healthier teeth and gums. For no split-ends and perfect color that is fade resistant and radiant. For going to gym regularly, cutting calories and juicing, or not eating carbs. For cosmetic surgery and perfectly plucked eyebrows, full kissable lips and chiseled abs. They are the cover of a Mills and Boon book, the kiss at sunset, the slow motion run on the beach, the black and white sex scene and the advert for Viagra. They were health, wealth, happiness and sunshine personified.

 So what they hell happened to them I hear you ask?

 How the hell did Tess land up friends with Annie and Chris, and Trev land up living with a fifty year old woman and her seven Pugs?

 Let me enlighten you. 

They’d gotten married that night on the beach, but they’d left the resort early the next morning. A week later they’d packed everything up and moved to London. Their firm started doing well, the money was rolling in and their recognition was rising. But when Tess wanted to consider things like a bun in the oven, getting a Labrador and cutting back on work hours for things like family time- Trev got concerned.

Very concerned.

Kids and domesticity were not part of his master plan- which included world domination and so much success and money that he could have his toilet seats gold plated if he so wanted. So when Tess came home early one day and found him in bed with a high court judge, a much, much older woman who could seriously help advance his career, he broke up with her right there and then.

The whole thing had been made worse when she’d seen Trev on all fours wearing a fluffy tail and ears, and the high court judge walking him around the room on a leash. She had no idea Trev was even into that! Clearly, she didn’t know him as well as she thought.

So why had she reached out to Annie? Surly that would be the last thing you would have ever suspected.

Well, she stared feeling bad. Very bad. She was plagued with images of Annie’s face in the doorway, and suddenly she could empathize.  And when the guilt and pain got too overwhelming, she dropped Annie a Facebook message. She wanted to apologize, she wanted to reach out and talk to someone who had also been hurt by Trev.

And then as time went by, Annie and Tess started discovering that they had things in common. Annie learnt that preconceived ideas about people can sometimes be wrong. She learnt to forgive and forget. Tess learnt that maybe glossy perfection is not all it’s cracked up to be and that people can become friends even in the strangest circumstances.

Because lets face it- this is one of those truly bizarre situations that does NOT breed fertile ground for friendship to develop.

Tess has started dating again- she’s found an ordinary man, with an ordinary life, an ordinary job and an extraordinary heart and personality. He couldn’t care it Tess had one arm, facial hair and a wart- because he loves her for what's on the inside -even though her outside is still pretty spectacular. (Aaaaah, collective group sign please)

Trev moved in with his judge and continues to role-play pet fantasies. Rumor had it though, that he has his eye set on a parliamentarian next. Someone who could really, really advance his career…

So that’s the story of the people once known as TSquared. A strange case indeed, with an even stranger ending.