Their Firsts

Hey so this is my entry for Inside the Box (obviously, hence the title). It's based on firsts so I decided to do the Doctor's and Cerys' firsts, mainly pertaining to their times on Gallifrey. If I'm being honest, I'm in love with these two. They're so adorable, at least what I've written. Speaking of that, I will be posting FOUR chapters tomorrow. Hopefully I don't get distracted by LotR. I've been rereading the book and since it's one of my favorite series, yeah, it might be a problem. That and I tend to wait last minute to fo my hw. Anyways, onto the story.

                                                        *

He's been around her his entire life, always there when she needed him, just as she was for him. Their relationship was one of many dimensions and just one dimension all at the same time. They were infinite, their lives going in so many different directions, the traveller and the misfit. Two people who were joined together by that one time, his first time, the first time he ever saw her. It was in that moment, the stars aligned and all was fixed. He was to be hers and she was to be his. Time and space could not tear them apart, nor could War. In the end, they were to find each other, no matter what feelings they harbored towards the other. It was their blessing. For things would happen that would tear them apart, but in the end, they'd come out on top, strong and TOGETHER.

                                                     ~~

The first time he’d laid eyes on HER, it was at the dinner her parents had put on. Their families had been great friends, the relationship lasting well over six centuries. He was only a child at the time, but so confident, a great contrast to her. While he ran around and chatted with the other children, she hid under her mother’s skirt, or if her mother could not be found, behind her father’s legs. From the moment he saw her, he wanted nothing more than to interact with her, to play with her. There was something about the quiet girl that drew him in, even at such a young age. He had approached her, held his out his hand, waiting for her to take it. A smile spread across his face as she gingerly took his hand, allowing him to pull her towards the other children.

The first time he’d heard HER speak, it was after a teacher had corrected her on something. She was upset, telling the teacher that she in fact was right in her analysis of the Earth game Monopoly. The teacher had insisted the girl was wrong but the young girl would not be defeated, or spoken down to as a matter of fact. That was the day he truly saw the fire that raged within her. Needless to say, she spent the rest of the week in detention, unable to see him or listen to him ramble on about how amazing Earth was. That didn’t matter to him though; she was finally starting to come out of her shell, something he had been helping her with since they first met.

The first time he saw HER cry was the day his hearts nearly broke. It was the day the other children learned where her father had come from and had started to call her names. He had tried to defend her, tried to make them stop, but there was not much that could amend the situation. He felt guilty, promising he’d protect her and then breaking it in her time of need. Where her father hailed from didn’t bother him, or his parents. They were nice people, and her father was one of the bravest men he knew, besides his own father. He stayed by her side though, holding her close to him, trying his best to comfort her. It worked for that day but she still had to return to class and thus, return to the taunts that would follow her for the rest of her life.

The first time he kissed HER was in their 150th year, well his 150th her 149th. They had snuck away from the academy to climb the mountains. She loved it up there, especially in the mornings. He did as well. Those were the only times he got to see her smile and laugh. He would act silly on purpose, happy to make her happy. It was a day like that that he kissed her. He was in the middle of a story when he leaned forward and placed a soft, hesitant kiss on her pink lips. The instant their lips touched, he felt something within him alight and his demeanor changed to sullen as she pulled away, ending it as quickly as it began.